Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best beach between Phuket and Bangkok for chill

• fontbleu

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2012

Hi guys,

after 11 months of travel in SE Asia I am flying home, out of Bangkok in early October. I fly into Phuket mid Sept and am making my way north for my flight, and would like to know of any really nice beach spots that are very quiet, very chilled, cheap and safe for 10 days of chilling and reflection. Ko Turatao is kind of what I'm looking for, but having been there already I'd like to try somewhere new....

Any shouts much appreciated, FB

#1 Posted: 14/9/2012 - 00:12

• Advertisement

• clarissjavi-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2012

HI!

This might help you --> Best Beaches in SouthEast Asia

Have fun!

#2 Posted: 14/9/2012 - 01:25

• michellecla-
    rk

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2012

The clear blue waters, white sands and the coconut trees swarming the beaches of Koh Samui, makes them the beach lovers' paradise.The island of Samui has something to offer for everyone.

Koh Samui beaches

#3 Posted: 17/11/2012 - 00:48

• forestmat

Click here to learn more about forestmat
    Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Not sure it's the "coconut trees swarming the beaches of Koh Samui" as the touts and tourists myself. Personally having discovered the east coast beaches of Baan Krut (variously spelt Ban Krut, ban Krood, ban Krud) and Bang Saphan, I wouldn't go anywhere near those islands anymore. I lived on Koh Pha Ngan for a year back in 1994 and these islands are much changed now. Hop off the bus or train at Bang Saphan, get a short ride 5km to the beach - its relaxing and clean.

#4 Posted: 17/11/2012 - 05:03

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Whoa! This is a tough one depending on which way you go - up the Andaman coast or across to the southern Gulf. Okay - let's try both:
    - up the Andaman coast. I'm thinking those places on Ko Phra Thong - Mr Choi's, Nature Beach and No Name (budget) or Golden Budha (mid range) most meets this ask. If you want something with a few more travellers but still laid back - anywhere on little Ko Chang Andaman style.
    - southern Gulf. Got to be Had Wai Nam on the lower east coast of Phangang. Lotsa other Phangan places go close - maybe you could do some research into Bottle Beach, Coral Beajh and Than Sadet. Mea Had in the north west of Phangan would do it too.

#5 Posted: 18/11/2012 - 00:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sit 'n' Chill Coffee & Restaurant - Phuket ... By sulgenbach on 3 Mar 2008 0 1950 3 Mar 2008
Looking for chill out friend in bangkok ... By aadibkk on 16 Apr 2013 0 1310 16 Apr 2013
where do i meet chill backpackers in bangkok? ... By caseybln on 9 Jul 2011 7 2765 10 Jul 2011