Thailand forum

Travel Ideas and Advice

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Hi,

Just planning a trip through SEA and looking for any advice or ideas on my current plans.

I plan on getting a visa and I believe this means I would get 60 days to see the sights(Canadian). My plan is to arrive from Cambodia and head over to Bangkok. Then what I have been contemplating is doing is grabbing a flight up to Chiang Rai and doing a 1 month outdoor work volunteer with volunteerhq. This seems like it might be a good way to kind of see the nitty gritty on how many people in SEA still live and I think the work would make me appreciate the rest of my vacation that much more as well as the chance to meet and hang out with some other travellers. The cost seems fair since housing and food are incorporated.

Then I would head back down to Bangkok, Phuket and eventually into Malaysia. I haven't really planned this part out yet. Is it worth it to go overland back to Bangkok or am I better to fly back and then spend more time around Bangkok etc. Know that I could go through Chiang Mai and Kanchanaburi overland but not sure if many would consider this worth it.

Not sure what all to see in between Bangkok and Malaysia either yet. Probably use this stint just to relax and hit up some of the beaches etc in Phuket and the region although if there is something worth seeing/doing definitely would be interested.

And ideas or advice appreciated.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 14/9/2012 - 12:52

• Advertisement

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi
    Bangkok have many things to see and lot of things to do. You can stay near BTS (skytrain) so it's will be easier for you to travel around centre of bangkok. you can take boat from Chao Phraya river to visit temples like Wat Arun ,Wat Phra Kaew (the Emerald Buddha),The Grand Palace,Wat Pho and all temples around there by walk or catch TuK-Tuk 40-50 baht.
    - Bangkok also have good show such as 'Siam Niramit' ,Nice Ocean World in Paragon mall at Siam and Madame Tussauds at Siam discovery.
    Have big shopping place and lots of cool stuff that you can buy from Jatujak market.
    Have activities such as finishing at Bungsamran, Go kart at Royal City Avenue (RCA).
    - Enjoy nightlife go to Khao San road and Sukhumvit area (Nana to Asoke).
    Like to have good dinner go to Chao Phraya river or catch boat from there to Asiatique The Riverfront ,The asiatique boat it's free service.

#2 Posted: 17/9/2012 - 05:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel Ideas and Advice ... By Geer1 on 14 Sep 2012 10 2741 25 Nov 2012
Travel Ideas and Advice ... By Geer1 on 14 Sep 2012 4 1289 21 Sep 2012
Travel Ideas and Advice ... By Geer1 on 14 Sep 2012 0 1660 14 Sep 2012