Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phi Phi Don to Bangkok - should I book

Posted by Sufire29 on 18/9/2012 at 15:24

Hey All! I'm ending my trip in Phi Phi Don and need to get back to Bangkok on December 13 (or December 14 morning). My flight leaves Bangkok December 14 night. I see that I go either through Phuket or Krabi and by bus, bus/train and plane. I have already crossed off bus as an option.....
My questions are: For trains and planes, is it better to book now? Is $80-$90 CDN/USD reasonable for flights? Has anyone done this leg recently? I'm very excited so I want to book everything now but don't want to be too inflexible?

#1 Sufire29 has been a member since 21/6/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/9/2012 at 21:57 admin

If you want to fly, I'd book it now -- primarily because you'll get a cheaper flight now than booking close to the date.

There are more daily flights from Phuket to Bangkok than Krabi to Bangkok. Look at flights with AirAsia and NokAir for the cheaper flights - AirAsia have it for about 1,400 baht ($40 ish) for the period you're talking about.

If by train, I'd lean towards booking it once you are in country -- but early in your stay as there are less trains than planes daily. For PP by train, will be boat to krabi, bus to Surat Thani then train to Bangkok -- will take a while.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by RiniRabbit on 19/9/2012 at 02:33

Go by plane you should booking in advance for cheap flights,
Check on Airasia , Nokair and Orientthai (only Phuket) websites.

#3 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by Sufire29 on 20/9/2012 at 11:28

Thanks Somtam and RiniRabbit!
A difficult decision for me done - booked Air Asia - Phuket to Bangkok. Now I also have a night in Bangkok before I leave. I just have to decide whether I should go out so I'm tired out or get a good night sleep before my 26 hour trip home! Life is good :)

#4 Sufire29 has been a member since 21/6/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by RiniRabbit on 21/9/2012 at 01:24

Have a good flight :)

#5 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.