Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phi Phi Don to Bangkok - should I book

• Sufire29

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2012

Hey All! I'm ending my trip in Phi Phi Don and need to get back to Bangkok on December 13 (or December 14 morning). My flight leaves Bangkok December 14 night. I see that I go either through Phuket or Krabi and by bus, bus/train and plane. I have already crossed off bus as an option.....
    My questions are: For trains and planes, is it better to book now? Is $80-$90 CDN/USD reasonable for flights? Has anyone done this leg recently? I'm very excited so I want to book everything now but don't want to be too inflexible?

#1 Posted: 18/9/2012 - 15:24

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you want to fly, I'd book it now -- primarily because you'll get a cheaper flight now than booking close to the date.

There are more daily flights from Phuket to Bangkok than Krabi to Bangkok. Look at flights with AirAsia and NokAir for the cheaper flights - AirAsia have it for about 1,400 baht ($40 ish) for the period you're talking about.

If by train, I'd lean towards booking it once you are in country -- but early in your stay as there are less trains than planes daily. For PP by train, will be boat to krabi, bus to Surat Thani then train to Bangkok -- will take a while.

#2 Posted: 18/9/2012 - 21:57

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Go by plane you should booking in advance for cheap flights,
    Check on Airasia , Nokair and Orientthai (only Phuket) websites.

#3 Posted: 19/9/2012 - 02:33

• Sufire29

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2012

Thanks Somtam and RiniRabbit!
    A difficult decision for me done - booked Air Asia - Phuket to Bangkok. Now I also have a night in Bangkok before I leave. I just have to decide whether I should go out so I'm tired out or get a good night sleep before my 26 hour trip home! Life is good :)

#4 Posted: 20/9/2012 - 11:28

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Have a good flight :)

#5 Posted: 21/9/2012 - 01:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.