Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

phuket or koh samui?

• desigurl82

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2007

I am planning on traveling with a friend to either one of these two islands for 3 days, but i'm having trouble deciding which island to go to. I'm going at the end of august and so I'm concerned about weather and wanted to know which one would be better in that regard. I also was wondering which one has better beaches or if they are comparable. We're looking for a place with nice beaches and snorkling and with some good restaurants and bars around. Also, lastly, which beaches in phuket and koh samui would anyone reccommend?? ... THANKS SO MUCH!!

#1 Posted: 4/5/2007 - 11:25

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hello,

Not much difference in the 2 islands really. Phuket is slightly more expensive for somethings and both are very touristy. I would rather go to Samui myself as its smaller and easier to explore. If you decide to go to Samui check out 'Tong Ta Kian Villas' inbetween Lami and cheweng. Quite, Nice beach good bungalows and rent the motobikes from him and explore! :)

Antony.

#2 Posted: 7/5/2007 - 01:28

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Good answer there by Antony -- Thong Ta Kian villas is indeed a terrific spot. If you lean towards Phuket, consider Kata or Kamala Beaches.

#3 Posted: 7/5/2007 - 07:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.