Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

New Thai Visa question.

• Robersovic

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hi guys,

This is my 1st post on travelfish. I signed up because, while planning for my travels, I have found this site (in particular the forum) to be invaluable resources. With that in mind, I have a question:

I fly out to Bangkok in April next year. I will be immediately heading North to Chiang Mai and then crossing the border to Laos. For this 1st segment of my travels I expect to be in Thailand for about 2 weeks. After I cross to Laos I will then be spending more than my initial 30 day Visa allowance travelling through Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, at which point I will be crossing back into Thailand.

My question is this: Will I be able to get a fresh 15 day Visa (if so, where in Cambodia is best for this?) or will I have to arrange a multi-entry Visa before I leave or when I get to Bangkok?

I hope that makes sense and I also apologise if this topic has been covered, though I couldn't see it.

Thank you,

Adam

#1 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 05:44

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

When you arrive in BK by air you will get a 30 day visa exemption (free) your 30 day paid visas for Laos & Cambodia you get at the border - have exact amount in US$ - Returning by land to Thailand you will get another 15 day free visa exemption at the border.

#2 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 07:44

• Robersovic

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Thank you very much, really appreciate it.

#3 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 09:17

• LondonHoney-

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2012

Hi Guys,

Hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread with a follow up question !!

I land in BKK Nove 26th but would like to be there for xmas and NYE.

Visa Wise what are my best options?

Extended visa - if such a thing is avalible ?

Leaving and re entering??

If I leave and cross say into Cambodia and then plan to re enter either via air for the 30day visa or by land for the 15day - do I have to of been out of Thailand for a set amount of time before I re enter ?

The same question applies to Lao, Cambodia & Vietnam !!

Any advice you could give would be much appriciated!

Cheers ! Lisa x x

#4 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 06:48

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

Get a single or double entry visa (60 days x 2) before you leave home or get a single entry visa for Thailand in Laos or Cambodia. Extending your visa in Thailand is more expensive.

#5 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 08:40

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

"do I have to of been out of Thailand for a set amount of time before I re enter ?"

No, can return anytime. Same goes for Laos and Cambodia. Vietnam is a bit more tricky, as you need to obtain the visa in advance not at the border.

#6 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 08:51

• littletimmy

Joined Travelfish
    19th August, 2012

How do i apply for a 60 day visa for thailand from the UK? I've seen loads of websites offering help for a "service charge" sometimes thats double the cost of the visas its self! How do i apply for it my self direct from the uk?

#7 Posted: 29/9/2012 - 09:28

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

#8 Posted: 29/9/2012 - 15:28

• LondonHoney-

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2012

Thanks for the advice guys. Surprised at how cheap the visa was - not a whole lot more than having to do a border cross but so less stressful !!

Just a little torn now as to go to the embassy - means booking a day off work to apply and then a further day to collect or applying by post to the consulate - only thing being with the consulate they cannot post date the visa so would have to send all the paperwork, passort ect the week before I go and Im not too sure how I feel about being passportless the week before I go - I mean surely its a professional body but cant help think worst case senario and my passport / paperwork get lost in the system or is not posted back in time - Am I being over cautious ???

#9 Posted: 2/10/2012 - 07:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai visa question! ... By Shaneo88 on 6 Sep 2011 1 2089 7 Sep 2011
Another Thai Visa Question ... By trippymctwist on 5 Jun 2007 2 2419 8 Jun 2007
another thai visa question! ... By psridley7 on 2 Nov 2009 2 1838 5 Nov 2009
Thai visa question ... By Shaneo88 on 12 Jul 2011 8 2484 14 Jul 2011
Thai Visa Run to Laos - New Question ... By spicytraveler on 10 Jan 2011 9 3313 12 Feb 2011
Quick Question-Thai Visa ... By cheeco on 16 Dec 2009 1 2415 4 May 2010
Thai VISA in Phnom Penh - Required documents question ... By kristoffer_zaar on 24 Nov 2010 2 3231 25 Nov 2010