Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

New Thai Visa question.

Posted by Robersovic on 27/9/2012 at 05:44

Hi guys,

This is my 1st post on travelfish. I signed up because, while planning for my travels, I have found this site (in particular the forum) to be invaluable resources. With that in mind, I have a question:

I fly out to Bangkok in April next year. I will be immediately heading North to Chiang Mai and then crossing the border to Laos. For this 1st segment of my travels I expect to be in Thailand for about 2 weeks. After I cross to Laos I will then be spending more than my initial 30 day Visa allowance travelling through Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, at which point I will be crossing back into Thailand.

My question is this: Will I be able to get a fresh 15 day Visa (if so, where in Cambodia is best for this?) or will I have to arrange a multi-entry Visa before I leave or when I get to Bangkok?

I hope that makes sense and I also apologise if this topic has been covered, though I couldn't see it.

Thank you,

Adam

#1 Robersovic has been a member since 21/9/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 2
 Twitter 

Posted by altmtl on 27/9/2012 at 07:44

When you arrive in BK by air you will get a 30 day visa exemption (free) your 30 day paid visas for Laos & Cambodia you get at the border - have exact amount in US$ - Returning by land to Thailand you will get another 15 day free visa exemption at the border.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Robersovic on 27/9/2012 at 09:17

Thank you very much, really appreciate it.

#3 Robersovic has been a member since 21/9/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 2
 Twitter 

Posted by LondonHoney8286 on 28/9/2012 at 06:48

Hi Guys,

Hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread with a follow up question !!

I land in BKK Nove 26th but would like to be there for xmas and NYE.

Visa Wise what are my best options?

Extended visa - if such a thing is avalible ?

Leaving and re entering??

If I leave and cross say into Cambodia and then plan to re enter either via air for the 30day visa or by land for the 15day - do I have to of been out of Thailand for a set amount of time before I re enter ?

The same question applies to Lao, Cambodia & Vietnam !!

Any advice you could give would be much appriciated!

Cheers ! Lisa x x

#4 LondonHoney8286 has been a member since 14/2/2012. Posts: 13
 Twitter 

Posted by altmtl on 28/9/2012 at 08:40

Get a single or double entry visa (60 days x 2) before you leave home or get a single entry visa for Thailand in Laos or Cambodia. Extending your visa in Thailand is more expensive.

#5 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992

Posted by Captain_Bob on 28/9/2012 at 08:51

"do I have to of been out of Thailand for a set amount of time before I re enter ?"

No, can return anytime. Same goes for Laos and Cambodia. Vietnam is a bit more tricky, as you need to obtain the visa in advance not at the border.

#6 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,824

Posted by littletimmy on 29/9/2012 at 09:28

How do i apply for a 60 day visa for thailand from the UK? I've seen loads of websites offering help for a "service charge" sometimes thats double the cost of the visas its self! How do i apply for it my self direct from the uk?

#7 littletimmy has been a member since 19/8/2012. Posts: 22

Posted by altmtl on 29/9/2012 at 15:28

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/179

#8 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992

Posted by LondonHoney8286 on 2/10/2012 at 07:08

Thanks for the advice guys. Surprised at how cheap the visa was - not a whole lot more than having to do a border cross but so less stressful !!

Just a little torn now as to go to the embassy - means booking a day off work to apply and then a further day to collect or applying by post to the consulate - only thing being with the consulate they cannot post date the visa so would have to send all the paperwork, passort ect the week before I go and Im not too sure how I feel about being passportless the week before I go - I mean surely its a professional body but cant help think worst case senario and my passport / paperwork get lost in the system or is not posted back in time - Am I being over cautious ???

#9 LondonHoney8286 has been a member since 14/2/2012. Posts: 13
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.