Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Loy Kranthong - Bangkok

• CLC

Joined Travelfish
    30th September, 2012

My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok the last portion of our Thailand trip and during this time Loy Kranthong will happen. Is there a good area to check out the festivities there? Or would it be better (or worth it) to make an overnight trip somewhere else to see it and if so where? I've tried doing some research on it but typically find the answers go to Chiang Mai. Is this really the case?

Thank you so much!
    CC

#1 Posted: 30/9/2012 - 00:21

• Advertisement

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi
    If you never joy Loy Krathong festival in any places of Thailand before I would advice to you to joy it!
    Actually everywhere it's good to go, every province will show a different culture. But most people love to go to Chiang Mai it might because it's a cool weather and in November is already a travel season.
    But for the best if you have a chance just go to Loy Krathong at 'Sukhothai' or 'Tak' these places in northern and both are amazing place for Loy Krathong (:

#2 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 05:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.