Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Loy Kranthong - Bangkok

Posted by CLC on 30/9/2012 at 00:21

My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok the last portion of our Thailand trip and during this time Loy Kranthong will happen. Is there a good area to check out the festivities there? Or would it be better (or worth it) to make an overnight trip somewhere else to see it and if so where? I've tried doing some research on it but typically find the answers go to Chiang Mai. Is this really the case?

Thank you so much!
CC

#1 CLC has been a member since 30/9/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by RiniRabbit on 1/10/2012 at 05:19

Hi
If you never joy Loy Krathong festival in any places of Thailand before I would advice to you to joy it!
Actually everywhere it's good to go, every province will show a different culture. But most people love to go to Chiang Mai it might because it's a cool weather and in November is already a travel season.
But for the best if you have a chance just go to Loy Krathong at 'Sukhothai' or 'Tak' these places in northern and both are amazing place for Loy Krathong (:

#2 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.