Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Visual impression from Northern Thailand...

• Nicolai1976

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2007

Hi,

13 months into my solo around the world bicycle trip, I've come to wonderful Thailand.

I just made a photo album on Flickr with photos from my first month in Northern Thailand.

Have a look at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinamor/sets/72157600038217317

Comments, questions etc. are most welcome!

Nicolai, Denmark

www.worldtravellers.dk

#1 Posted: 4/5/2007 - 23:50

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi, I love some of your pics. The white wat looks cool. Where exactly is it?

Thanks,
    Antony.

#2 Posted: 7/5/2007 - 01:08

• Nicolai1976

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2007

Thanks Jon...

It's just 15 km south of Chiang Rai, some 300m west of the highway going south. It's visible from the highway. It's quite beautiful (and slightly kitsch, but who cares...)

Nicolai

#3 Posted: 7/5/2007 - 19:24

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hi Nicolai,

You have some nice shots in there. Can you tell us what route you are taking?

The shot of the "beaver" in the Chiangmai zoo ... that isn't a beaver. It's an otter.

Regards
    Mike

#4 Posted: 8/5/2007 - 01:25

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hi Nicolai,

You have some nice shots in there. Can you tell us what route you are taking?

The shot of the "beaver" in the Chiangmai zoo ... that isn't a beaver. It's an otter.

Regards
    Mike

#5 Posted: 8/5/2007 - 01:26

• Nicolai1976

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2007

Hi Tilapia...

Thanks for the zoological correction!

Reg. my route: I'm now in Lop Buri, quickly going to Vientiane, Laos to get a proper tourist visa, 2 months, then south towards the sun and the islands on the east side, then Malaysia, Singapore, fly to Perth, OZ, across OZ to Sydney, boat to NZ, then on to the Americas.

Check my website www.worldtravellers.dk for more info..

Nicolai

#6 Posted: 8/5/2007 - 13:47

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

Hi Nicolai,
    Nice shots :)

#7 Posted: 6/6/2007 - 16:42

• chaimdan

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2007

Hey Nicolai,

GREAT SHOTS!! I'm into photography and think you've done a great job there...

We're planning a trip to Chiang Mai for 6 days in August, I'm wondering if you can recommend what the nicest places you've visited in the north... I am looking for Thai beauty (nature, thai huts, maybe a river etc...) is there any place that sticks out as being a must see??

Thanks

#8 Posted: 12/6/2007 - 11:24

• Nicolai1976

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2007

Hi Chaimdan...

Thanks for the words...

The mountaineous region to the W, NW and SW of CM is really interesting in my book. I'd def. recommend hiring your own wheels, for me a scooter is optimal, and basically just go exploring. Get some good detailed maps from one of the many travel agents in CM, pretend you're REALLY interested in joining the tour, and then go by yourself. The Samoeng Roundtrip is nice but a bit crowded and touristy. Go elsewhere. Follow your insticts. The smaller road N out of CM to Wiang Papao (not the main highway, though) is very nice for mountain scenery and there's a pretty waterfall on the way as well.

Enjoy immensely!

Nicolai

#9 Posted: 13/6/2007 - 18:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.