Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Island/beach/hotel recommendations for Christmas

• KIT68

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2012

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are going on a 3 week trip to Thailand in December. We are spending the first week in and around Chiang Mai before flying to Phuket and then planning on being around the Andaman Sea are for the rest of our trip. I’m looking at booking up Christmas and would like to be somewhere a little bit special, but struggling to pick an island, let alone a beach or hotel! I was just wondering if any of you had any recommendations!

I would like somewhere with beach bungalows, delish food, lovely beach with options to dive and explore. We want raving nightlife but a few bars would be wonderful. We’re planning on keeping the rest of the trip relatively cheap so we can treat ourselves over Christmas (24th Dec to 26th Dec) and so looking at around £100 per night. I’m thinking possible Ko Lanta, Railay or Phi Phi but would love to hear recommendations for anywhere else you think is great and a little bit special

Thank you in advance!

#1 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 07:06

• Advertisement

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi
    Koh Lanta would be possible , But Railay and Phi Phi I guess there are full of tourist.
    Or you maybe go to Koh Lipe there is nice for explore and diving.

#2 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 21:27

• zinbads123

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2012
    Location Thailand

Koh Samui will be good, nice and clean beaches with attractions, nightlife and driving tour. Try massage & spa and local food .Great truly holiday.

#3 Posted: 5/10/2012 - 01:43

• thaiXplorer

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2012
    Location Germany
    Total reviews: 7

hello - christmas is hi-st season in thailand!

flight+hotels'bout 3-times
    but chiang mai tour sounds good
    if you're going Phuket , don't go Patong!!!
    try booking on Phi-Phi-Island(1month before)
    boat to Krabi-and here will be a lot of
    Travel Agencys who can show you attractions
    around, or get you back to BKK in 15h by bus(40$)
    or 2h from Phuket Airport.(120$)
    GOOD LUCK

#4 Posted: 6/10/2012 - 16:10

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I spend a fabulous Christmas on Koh Maak in 2009 at a place called Buri Hut and would normally recommend that, except that you'll be way on the other side of the Gulf of Thailand for your beach holiday. Takua Pa and more specifically Khao Lak is a nice option for your special getaway. It's just north of Phuket Island proper and a fairly easy bus ride. The area took a beating during the tsunami but has since recovered.

The listings here on Travelfish will give you good specifics on all the places suggested above. There is also a regular contributor here named Tezza who blogs about different island options providing very good details on places to stay. Worth a look. Regards.

#5 Posted: 6/10/2012 - 21:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Beach & island recommendations in Cambodia? ... By chicho83 on 16 Jan 2009 1 2025 16 Jan 2009