Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chiang Rai - Volunteer

• martaismyna-
    me

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2012

i am ashtanga yoga teacher and i am volunteering in new life foundation in north of thailand - chiang rai. it is a recovery community for addicts ( drugs / alcohol) ..) i want to recommend this place to everybody if you are in the north - you can do some something good for others and yourself. for example, if you stay less than 2 weeks you pay 500 THB / day for 3 meals, free yoga, meditation, thai chi, swimming pool, steam room, table tennis, ... if you stay 1 month you pay only 200 THB / day. you only need to do some work to contribute the community like cleaning, building mud houses, gardening, .. you can choose yourself. if you an addict - this is a place to be! more info: http://www.newlifethaifoundation.com/. there are also many courses available to join. check it up! cheers, m.

#1 Posted: 8/10/2012 - 02:15

• Advertisement

• Kmoy

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2012

this looks great. I just moved to Chiang Rai and am going to be teaching for the next few months. After a few saved paychecks and the next vacation I will most definitely look into volunteering here. looks like a wonderful program!

#2 Posted: 22/10/2012 - 09:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.