Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Samui

• BrumbyJack

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2012

Hello... I've been lurking for a while, reading all your wonderful info!!!

I have some questions about Koh Samui and some just about Thailand in general.

Thinking of staying at Ibed at Lamai ??? Sounds reasonable place.

Is it reasonable to expect that I can hire a bicycle and ride around the Island??? Don't want to drive or ride a motorbike.

Any good places to try stand up paddle board and the best tour to Ang Thong National Park.

I am already doing several MTB Tours based out of Phuket with Amazing Bike Tours and a tour of Northern Thailand.

I am a single budget traveller, not a big spender and not after nightlife.

Is it reasonable for me to just walk around/ride around, do my own thing???

Many thanks.

#1 Posted: 8/10/2012 - 05:41

• Advertisement

• OkaforMabat-
    ah

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2012

yeah Koh Samui is very beautiful place,In fact in Thailand all the islands are very beautiful,I have been to Koh Tao its an amazing place,specially the Diving Experience was the Best part of my Trip to Thailand and amazing Night fire show over there.

#2 Posted: 8/10/2012 - 07:14

• greg121

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Get yourself a map with the touristy highlights and ride around should not be problem. As long as you pay the taxi man he will take your bike and you back to your hotel.

#3 Posted: 9/10/2012 - 01:24

• BrumbyJack

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2012

Thanks greg121 that sounds encouraging....

OkaforMabatah that is way out of my price range/style!!!

#4 Posted: 9/10/2012 - 01:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.