Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Decent, as in quiet hotel near Hualamphong

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Well I,ve been persuaded to visit the village in Isan and arrive in Suvannabhumi at around 7p.m. We are booking the train for 0545 next morning so decided to stay near the station. Looking on the search facility here it doesn't sound promising. I don't mind a fan room.I don't mind basic but I DO demand a clean place that isn't known for 'short time.' Can anybody help?

#1 Posted: 12/10/2012 - 14:16

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

no. You first say quiet and then tell something else.
    There simply is NO quiet solitude around that station.
    Why not hop over by taxi to the Mochit and take one of the scores of overnight buses that will also serve your destination?

#2 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 07:32

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

http://www.hualamponghotel.com/ I stayed here, it's cheap. But there are nicer places on the same street. I love taking the train, so that's what I'd do.

#3 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 07:51

• Gaston

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2012
    Location Canada

http://www.thetraininn.com/room.php

#4 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 09:02

• squaretheci-
    rcle

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2011
    Total reviews: 5

There are several guesthouses that meet your requirements in the Lumphini Station region, such as Madam Guesthouse (and several others)...they are situated on their own little lane, quite safe and quiet, rooms for 2-300 baht with bathroom outside/in. A 10 minute 10 baht bus ride to Hua Lamphong, (it's a 5 minute walk to the bus stop, #4) or 45 baht taxi ride. The rooms I found at these guesthouses were nicer and a bit lower priced than the guesthouses nearby the train station, and you'll probably save what you pay on the taxi to stay there. There are also a number of decent Indian-run guesthouses in the Pahurat area, such as Candy Inn 02-2230182 and others; that's where I stay in Bangkok, again a short 10 baht bus ride or 40 baht taxi to Hua Lamphong, but both areas I think are nicer than what's right around Hua Lamphong and hence worth the taxi ride in my opinion.

#5 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 11:15

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Thank you everybody for your help.
    Captainbkk
    Well, I meant quiet in the sense of no working girls coming in and out all night.
    Also, I love that diesel train that takes 8 hours much less stressful than a night bus IMO.

#6 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 14:46

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

that diesel sprinter is much more comfortable and safer too.

sayadian, will you let us know where you stayed and how it was? i've never stayed that close to hualamphong before and appreciated the above suggestions.

have a good time visiting the village. cheers.

#7 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 17:57

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Will do Exacto. I'll try and take into account jetlag and the fact we'll probably only get about 6 hours sleep and not be unkind to the hotel.
    :-)

#8 Posted: 15/10/2012 - 03:00

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Does anybody have any experience with this place?

http://www.at-hualamphong.com/

#9 Posted: 15/10/2012 - 03:36

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

There's a good one at Rama IV road (Bangkok Centre Hotel) (haven't stayed their myself but met up with some friends and they said it was good)

You just walk from Hua Lampong (main entrance) into the other direction (Rama IV road: the big one), cross the street en go to the left (stay on Rama IV), it's just on your right side then.

#10 Posted: 15/10/2012 - 09:08

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Decent hotel close to Cebu airport ... By Arcticman on 19 Jan 2013 6 2672 29 Oct 2014