Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

ko samui/phuket/ krabi

• ckwa111

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2012

Hey any advise/ recommendations/ tips are appreciated.

I am in bangkok right now. Looking to fly into krabi soon and am wondering whats the difference between all these destinations (koh samui/phuket/ krabi) without throwing all the other islands in there as well (koh phi phi, etc)

I am deciding whether it would be worthwhile hopping around to all the different locations, esp since koh samui will be a bit further away.

Looking to spending anywhere from 4-7 days there in the area. more or less open ended by myself

Thanks. :)

#1 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 05:38

• Advertisement

• ckwa111

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2012

i guess better question is what to do during the wet season. I cant seem to find much information that it is going to be much more difficult to get around. does it restrict in activities. Will it be extremely difficult to get around?

#2 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 06:36

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

all are seaside ''resorts''. I often note that many people seem to lie on much more ''attractiveness'''if it is an island-I have never really noted much difference when you sit on a beach if that would be an isle-or not.Of the 3 Phu is certainly by far the more developed, package attracting charterflights and many nations by the million-esp. Koreans on honeymoon and mainland Chinese in large groups leaded with guides with flags.
    The differences are minimal-compared to bigcity BKK (as you can see also from my postername, my favorite) it is beach, seaside chalets and loads of tourists who tend to be ignorant of the fact they are in Thailand.

#3 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 07:26

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

My friend just got back from Phuket , there is almost high Season
    and is not much raining , mostly cloudy and sunny during a day, so I think you can go to Phuket and relaxing around the beach there.
    Samui is actually in rainy season but there is probably rains like every day end of this month or beginning of September , but we can't make sure cuz it seems like the weather is always changing.

#4 Posted: 15/10/2012 - 02:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bangkok - Koh Samui - Phuket (or Krabi?) - Ko Phi Phi - Bangkok ... By SonjaKaisa on 23 Nov 2009 1 5760 24 Nov 2009