Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

ko samui/phuket/ krabi

Posted by ckwa111 on 14/10/2012 at 05:38

Hey any advise/ recommendations/ tips are appreciated.

I am in bangkok right now. Looking to fly into krabi soon and am wondering whats the difference between all these destinations (koh samui/phuket/ krabi) without throwing all the other islands in there as well (koh phi phi, etc)

I am deciding whether it would be worthwhile hopping around to all the different locations, esp since koh samui will be a bit further away.

Looking to spending anywhere from 4-7 days there in the area. more or less open ended by myself

Thanks. :)

#1 ckwa111 has been a member since 14/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by ckwa111 on 14/10/2012 at 06:36

i guess better question is what to do during the wet season. I cant seem to find much information that it is going to be much more difficult to get around. does it restrict in activities. Will it be extremely difficult to get around?

#2 ckwa111 has been a member since 14/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by captainbkk on 14/10/2012 at 07:26

all are seaside ''resorts''. I often note that many people seem to lie on much more ''attractiveness'''if it is an island-I have never really noted much difference when you sit on a beach if that would be an isle-or not.Of the 3 Phu is certainly by far the more developed, package attracting charterflights and many nations by the million-esp. Koreans on honeymoon and mainland Chinese in large groups leaded with guides with flags.
The differences are minimal-compared to bigcity BKK (as you can see also from my postername, my favorite) it is beach, seaside chalets and loads of tourists who tend to be ignorant of the fact they are in Thailand.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by RiniRabbit on 15/10/2012 at 02:29

My friend just got back from Phuket , there is almost high Season
and is not much raining , mostly cloudy and sunny during a day, so I think you can go to Phuket and relaxing around the beach there.
Samui is actually in rainy season but there is probably rains like every day end of this month or beginning of September , but we can't make sure cuz it seems like the weather is always changing.

#4 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.