Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel options from Koh Lipe to Railey / Phra Nang beach

• ashagl

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2012

After staying in Koh Lipe, we would like to goto Phra Nang Beach (railey beach). I know there is a speed boat from Koh lipe to Koh Lanta & from Koh lanta there is a speed boat to Ao Nang, not sure if there is a boat to Railey??? This gets too treachrous.

Does anyone of any buses / minivans that I can board from Pak bara to Ao Nang? If yes, kindly enlighten? OR what are the other options?

Is it possible to walk from either side of the Railey beach to Phra Nang beach? OR is there a walking path from Railey east to Phra Nang beach?

Similarly, what is the best option to travel back to Bangkok from Railey? Over night buses preferred

#1 Posted: 17/10/2012 - 03:11

• Advertisement

• waytogo

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

YES. Absolutely. Railay is tiny. You can see all four beaches in less than one hour, no transportation needed. You don't need to plan anything in regards to where you'll go and so forth, just get there and then you can walk wherever you want. To me Railay is like a large park. There are paths and signs everywhere.

You arrive by boat right on West beach--walk straight for a few minutes and you're on East -- take to the right from East for a few minutes and you're on Phra Nang. That's how small it is.

Find a travel agency (they are everywhere, but I like the internet café guy on East), tell him you wanna go to Bangkok on x day, for around 600 or something (can't remember) he'll get you all the way to Bangkok. Longtail to Krabi , car from Krabi pier to bus, bus to Bangkok overnight. This is what travel is like all over Thailand if you're using private agencies. It's so simple and smooth, I love it. I never use government run buses. I prefer to just pay for a package like that so they literally pick you up at the agency and take you all the way to Bangkok. You don't even have to think.

#2 Posted: 18/10/2012 - 03:57

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Tigerline run a big fast ferry from Lipe to Krabi from where you can get transport to Ao Nang and then to West Railay to walk to Phra Nang (but unless you are a millionaire you won't be staying on Phra Nang - the Rayavadee costs something like $us400 a night - and that joint will have direct transport from Ao Nang).

Conversely, you can get off Tigerline in Ko Lanta or catch SBP speedboat Lipe to Lanta and catch a bigger ferry direct to West Railay. Connections in Lanta may be the problem.

Any travel desk on Lipe can arrange minivan transport from Pak Bara to Krabi and probably Ao Nang. You will probably change vans in Trang.

#3 Posted: 25/10/2012 - 05:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
cheap hotel at Railey west or Phra Nang beach ... By ashagl on 17 Oct 2012 3 1831 18 Oct 2012
Longtail from Ao Nang to West Railey ... By ruxandra on 30 Oct 2007 1 2502 31 Oct 2007
Quick Travel from Railay Beach to Koh Pan Nang ... By Anasuya on 24 Nov 2006 2 4376 25 Nov 2006
Ao Nang Garden Bungalows, Ao Nang Beach, Krabi ... By aonanggarden on 10 Sep 2009 0 4814 10 Sep 2009
Golden Buddha Beach Resort - Koh Phra Thong ... By dfowlkes on 26 Jun 2009 0 2982 26 Jun 2009
Koh Phi Phi Loh Dalum Bay or Koh Lipe Pattya Beach ... By helixusion on 26 Jul 2011 1 1220 10 Aug 2011