Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Unused expired tourist visa

• tonym2

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2012

I have an Indian passport, and an unused 6 month double entry tourist visa which expired on July 16th 2012 (not used even once).

If I go to Bangkok now from India, what will happen? Can I go on the 14 day visa waiver? What is likely to happen at the airport? Will they ask why I didn't use the previous visa? And will they let me in on at least the 14 days visa waiver? Also will I be able to "reactivate" the expired visa once in?

I have another 30 day tourist visa from last year which was used successfully and I exited in about 10 days.

#1 Posted: 17/10/2012 - 23:19

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

It appears you'll be able to get the 14 day visa on arrival, although I'm not an expert on entry requirements for Indian citizens. This might help.

As for the unused visa, it's nothing but a worthless piece of paper now. You can't "reactivate" it or use it in any way -- it's expired. However, I wouldn't expect immigration to ask you why you didn't use it or give you any problems about it.

#2 Posted: 17/10/2012 - 23:40

• tonym2

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2012

Can I apply for another visa here in India then before leaving? Another 180 days double entry. Or will they give me crap about that?

#3 Posted: 17/10/2012 - 23:46

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Sure you can, I'd assume they will be happy to take your money again. :)

#4 Posted: 18/10/2012 - 07:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Buy tourist visa and not use it until after free entry has expired? ... By zigzagry on 18 Mar 2010 6 2556 3 Apr 2010
Vietnam visa expired ... By ski on 12 Jun 2008 2 2457 26 Jun 2008
Flying Lao Airlines (Domestic) With An Expired Visa ... By thinkstopthink on 19 Mar 2013 1 1222 24 Mar 2013