Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Unused expired tourist visa

Posted by tonym2 on 17/10/2012 at 23:19

I have an Indian passport, and an unused 6 month double entry tourist visa which expired on July 16th 2012 (not used even once).

If I go to Bangkok now from India, what will happen? Can I go on the 14 day visa waiver? What is likely to happen at the airport? Will they ask why I didn't use the previous visa? And will they let me in on at least the 14 days visa waiver? Also will I be able to "reactivate" the expired visa once in?

I have another 30 day tourist visa from last year which was used successfully and I exited in about 10 days.

#1 tonym2 has been a member since 17/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 17/10/2012 at 23:40 TF writer

It appears you'll be able to get the 14 day visa on arrival, although I'm not an expert on entry requirements for Indian citizens. This might help.

As for the unused visa, it's nothing but a worthless piece of paper now. You can't "reactivate" it or use it in any way -- it's expired. However, I wouldn't expect immigration to ask you why you didn't use it or give you any problems about it.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,122
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by tonym2 on 17/10/2012 at 23:46

Can I apply for another visa here in India then before leaving? Another 180 days double entry. Or will they give me crap about that?

#3 tonym2 has been a member since 17/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 18/10/2012 at 07:58 TF writer

Sure you can, I'd assume they will be happy to take your money again. :)

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,122
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.