Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Overnight travel options from Bangkok to Sukhothai?

Posted by nycchick on 20/10/2012 at 07:27

I'm having some trouble finding this information online...Are there overnight buses from Bangkok to Sukhothai? If so, are they relatively safe at night? Does anyone know when the latest buses usually leave? I'm trying to avoid the train because I didn't want to transfer to a bus at Phitsanulok. Thanks!

#1 nycchick has been a member since 20/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by chriswotton on 20/10/2012 at 10:05

According to bus company Wintour's web site (link below), their last bus from Bangkok's northern Mochit bus terminal goes at 22:30 - the journey is around six hours. I'd have no hesitation taking a bus at night from a safety perspective - use common sense, but your concerns are normally if taking a bus from a tourist trap like Khaosan Road.

http://sukhothaiwintour.com/schedule.html

All that said, the train might be slower but it would be my preference anyway for sheer comfort - the bus transfer from Phitsanulok only seems to be an hour long.

#2 chriswotton has been a member since 7/9/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 91
 Where has chriswotton been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by nycchick on 20/10/2012 at 10:14

Thank you for your reply. I'll take a look at the link.

#3 nycchick has been a member since 20/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by chriswotton on 20/10/2012 at 10:18

Hope it helps :) Enjoy Sukhothai!

#4 chriswotton has been a member since 7/9/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 91
 Where has chriswotton been?   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.