Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phi Phi

• walkingsuns-
    hine

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2007

Hi travelers!
    My boyfriend and I r planning on going to Koh Phi Phi in august.
    I have heard really mix reviews on phi phi, however I would still like to go and experience it. Should we book in advance before we go? even though it would be in low season. Long beach or Tonsai? We really can't choose where to stay. We want nice beaches and still be able to do a little partying. Our budget is max 2000 thb pr night.
    Any advice, espeacially on accomandation, would be really apreciated. Thx :-)

#1 Posted: 12/5/2007 - 05:58

• Advertisement

• BarbaraW

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2007

Hi walkingsunshine. I just got back from Phi Phi I stayed on the part of Ton Sai Beach that is east of the main town, quite near the end of the beach, in a place called Phi Phi Villas Resort. This was a great spot because it was far enough away from town not to be bothered by partiers at night, yet a short walk to town. The Resort was a bit pricey at $80 US per night but I was sharing so it wasn't too bad. Also, that was high season, which ended April 30th, so you should be able to do better (plus I think they had a few lower price bungalows in the rear of the place. Nice place - great pool, safety boxes in the A/C rooms and you can negotiate a per stay wireless internet connect if you need it. If not, there is an Internet cafe on site, but the prices are pretty steep for Internet on the island. As for Long Beach, I checked it out while I was there and it's pretty remote. Unless you want to pay $2 for a long tail boat every time you want to go to town, or unless you like very quiet sleepy places where you're limited to the few available restaurants on site, I'd strongly suggest you stay closer to town. By the way, you do know that you are going in the dead middle of the reaiy season, right? Depending on the weather, the ferry ride could be a bit rough that time of year and it's about 3 hours, if I recall. Have fun. Even though the Phi Phi Islands have been discovered, they're still gorgeous!

#2 Posted: 13/5/2007 - 19:04

• BarbaraW

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2007

Hi walkingsunshine. I just got back from Phi Phi I stayed on the part of Ton Sai Beach that is east of the main town, quite near the end of the beach, in a place called Phi Phi Villas Resort. This was a great spot because it was far enough away from town not to be bothered by partiers at night, yet a short walk to town. The Resort was a bit pricey at $80 US per night but I was sharing so it wasn't too bad. Also, that was high season, which ended April 30th, so you should be able to do better (plus I think they had a few lower price bungalows in the rear of the place. Nice place - great pool, safety boxes in the A/C rooms and you can negotiate a per stay wireless internet connect if you need it. If not, there is an Internet cafe on site, but the prices are pretty steep for Internet on the island. As for Long Beach, I checked it out while I was there and it's pretty remote. Unless you want to pay $2 for a long tail boat every time you want to go to town, or unless you like very quiet sleepy places where you're limited to the few available restaurants on site, I'd strongly suggest you stay closer to town. By the way, you do know that you are going in the dead middle of the reaiy season, right? Depending on the weather, the ferry ride could be a bit rough that time of year and it's about 3 hours, if I recall. Have fun. Even though the Phi Phi Islands have been discovered, they're still gorgeous!

#3 Posted: 13/5/2007 - 19:05

• walkingsuns-
    hine

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2007

Hi Barbara.
    Thx, for ur respond. I have actually looked at the Phi phi Villa resort. I think it looks nice, but after I have read mix review about the place, I wasn't sure if we should book it. It cost around 1700 bath pr night for a deluxe ac room through the internet, which is alright I think. Yea I ve read that you can take longtail from longbeach to Toisai, it's take aorund 10 min right? Maybe we should stay at Tonsai and take longtail to longbeach if we want to check out the beach there.
    I know we ll be there in rainy season, but I'm only able to travel at that time. In august 2005 I was at Koh Samet. Don't mind the rain that much. But hope it won't rain all the time.
    Do you think we should book in advance? or is the chances good to get a room at decent price if we just went there without resavation.
    My boyfriend and I are both thai, but I don't speak thai very well, anyways maybe we could get thai price...hehe:-)
    Again thx for ur respond, there is so many choices so one can easily get confuse:-)

#4 Posted: 13/5/2007 - 20:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.