Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

phi phi to Bangkok via phuket

Posted by ashagl on 25/10/2012 at 03:13

looking for some handy info for travel from phi phi to Bangkok via phuket.

I know I have to board a boat from Phi Phi to Phuket & from there I can board a bus to Bangkok.

Now, are there boats running all day between phi phi & phuket, because I could only find two ferries with specific time. Does it cost 550 bhat per head? negotiable??

Also, how far is the Phuket bus stand from Rassada pier?? Are minivan or shared taxi available for the same?? Is it quite a distance?? What does it cost?

Are their reliable agent, in phi phi who would book a boat + bus / minivan till Phuket bus stand?? Any info on such reliable agent?

Would I require pre-booking for seat on bus from Phuket to Bangkok, or I can just turn up & find a seat?? I guess there would be many operators???

Sorry to bug with so many questions?

#1 ashagl has been a member since 10/10/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by RiniRabbit on 25/10/2012 at 21:41

Where are you stay now, in Bangkok? You can book boat + bus (Go - Return Ticket) with travel agent before go to Phi Phi.
but I believe there have organizing agent at Koh Phi Phi can help you about this.
or if you're in Phuket www.phiphi-ferry.com

#2 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by enigmatic on 25/10/2012 at 21:57

If you're not intending on spending any time in Phuket , the boat companies will provide through tickets via either Phuket or Krabi (they have Bangkok-bound buses) for cheaper than you'll be able to do it independently. Lomprayah's buses and boat are rather good.

#3 enigmatic has been a member since 14/4/2011. Posts: 84

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.