Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in Phuket Thailand?

• RickWarren

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

Hi all,

Please recommend me a good beach hotel in Phuket. I prefer to stay in a little quite beach rather than Patong. I stayed in Patong before but it is too tourist to me. I will visit Thailand on January 2013.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

#1 Posted: 29/10/2012 - 11:11

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Um, difficult without knowing your budget. But here's a few I know of:

NAI YANG BEACH RESORT - nice lower midrange on a quietish beach very close to the airport. Has good deals on the accommodation booking sites.
    NAITHONBURI - next beach south (Naithon) with a free airport pick up. Probably a step up in quality but deals are usually still available.
    BENJAMIN RESORT - on Kamala beach about mid-way down the west coast. One of those not too busy/not too quiet beaches. Flashpacker/low low midrange. No pool but absolute beachfront. Kamala has lots of more upmarket places - check the booking sites' user reviews.
    KATA POOLSIDE - I've always thought Kata was the nicest of the big 3 beaches. POOLSIDE is a short distance in from the north end of Kata Yai which is probably that beach's most attractive section with a bunch of inexpensive restaurant/bars on the near side of the headland and adjacent okay snorkelling if conditions are smooth (which they normally are in high season). POOLSIDE is a good lower midrange hotel.
    CAPE PANWA HOTEL - across on the less visited east coast with its own little beach. Hotel block rooms are midrange - but you can go upmarket to very flash pool cabanas.
    CORAL ISLAND RESORT - on an offshore island very close to Phuket . Nice midrange joint on a quieter section of an attractive busy daytrip beach with a quieter beach 10 minutes walk away. Could be a bit of a hassle access wise directly off the aircraft.
    If access isn't a worry you could also check the booking sites for places on Ko Raya/Racha a bit further out. This island has a range of accommodation from budget thru to high end - the latter is THE RACHA which is on a drop dead gorgeous beach - gets crowded with daytrippers 1000 thru 1500 but very laid back otherwise. Quieter beaches within 10 minutes walk. I think THE RACHA'S speedboat will pick incoming guests up at any time of day.

Thing is, Phuket has thousands of okay hotels. When I want a new place, I first select the beach and then check the booking sites, Trip Adviser and resources like TRAVELFISH for information. Which is probably exactly what you are doing.

Finally, if I can ever afford to stay higher mid-range (not over the top) I'm going to try KATATHANI on Kata Noi, which is even nicer and decidedly quieter than POOLSIDE'S Kata Yai. Caveat - KATATHANI now has an inland wing on the eastern side of the beach road which wouldn't be as attractive as the absolute beachfront wing.

#2 Posted: 31/10/2012 - 17:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.