Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Toys in Bangkok

• canucksinas-
    ia

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2007

We're returning to Bangkok for a few days before flying back to Canada and I'm wondering if anyone would have any idea where I can buy cool toys for my little brothers. They're both really into Manga and Japanimation and all things associated therewith. I've seen some toys in the little stalls at MBK, but am sure that there must be something more impressive out there, and geared for slightly older kids, (or adult nerds ;)...

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 14/5/2007 - 09:14

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hmm, tricky -- my first suggestion would have been MBK. Another option (perhaps) would be Siam Paragon which is pretty high end and may have some stores with the kind of gear you're after -- wouldn't be cheap though.

Also around Sukhumvit Soi 33 there's a handful of Japanese forcussed stores -- one at Phrom Phong BTS for example which cater specifically to Japanese expats in Bangkok -- you could ask for any suggestions there.

#2 Posted: 14/5/2007 - 12:09

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Central - World Trade (Near Gaysorn) One end is a department store and there are some toys in there.

I would of said MBK aswell tho. Down the far end near MK is a great toy store! (MK oppisite end to pizza and other restaurants)

Maybe the new Plantinum centre? More a cloths shop but there might be some toys amongst them.

Big C???

Goodluck!
    Ant.

#3 Posted: 15/5/2007 - 18:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.