Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Help getting tickets from ayutthaya/Bangkok to chiang Mai

• GhostOfTomJ-
    oad

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

I haven't booked the night train to chiang Mai yet as I didn't know when I was going to be leaving. However, now I know I want to go on the 11th November I have been on thairailticket.com and I am unable to select any 1st or 2nd class sleepers for that date or any dates in the next several weeks.

Does this mean all the trains are booked and that I won't be able to get a ticket from the station or is it a limitation of the website?

I have tried thailandtrainticket.com but haven't got a response from my inquiry yet.

I am due to leave ayutthaya on the 11th, I have just started travelling and this is the first main thing I am trying to sort out so I'm still learning! What are the chances of me getting a ticket at the train station in ayutthaya if get there tomorrow? I have heard on other threads on here that people have got tickets a few days in advance, so it seems odd that thairailticket doesn't have any for the next several weeks.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 7/11/2012 - 03:56

• Advertisement

• Nokka

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

I always use the link on the Man in Seat 61 website for booking seats online. Always worked well for me - not sure if that's the same website you are trying, though.

#2 Posted: 7/11/2012 - 04:54

• Twerto

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2011

You could look at getting a bus from Ayutthaya to Phitsanulok then change from there to Chang Mai

#3 Posted: 8/11/2012 - 02:53

• Eigilchr

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2012

Have you tried to sign up?

I think it will help you.

#4 Posted: 9/11/2012 - 08:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.