Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Railay - Phuket ferry?

• sunday_stro-
    ll

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2011

Hey all,

Quick one, do any of you out there know of some Ferry company websites operating from Railay - Phuket? To my understanding Ferries operate this route during Peak times, which suits us.
    I'm having a damn hard time trying to find any info online!

Thanks a bunch!

#1 Posted: 9/11/2012 - 22:13

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

youre wasting time finding that on www.
    The usual way by boat-if you really want that- is via PhiPhi and change there-with a few hrs stop. Maybe, Buddha wiling and enough people turn up, there MAY be a direct boat-or not. Why worry now-you have to set aside the full day anyway for it-so just ask when on Railay.

#2 Posted: 10/11/2012 - 02:15

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

There has been a direct boat from Ao Nang to Phuket . I have accessed this from Railay - buy a ticket at one of the small travel agencies, wait on the beach, get designated longtail out to waiting ferry which has just left Ao Nang, chug a short distance further out and then change to another waiting ferry.
    The first ferry was obviously the Phi Phi one (or maybe the Lanta one if there is still an afternoon Lanta ferry from Ao Nang - somehow I think this no longer runs).
    Anyway, I think Andaman Island Hopping website may have times of the Ao Nang/Railay to Phuket ferry - although last time I looked on that website a notice said it was no longer functional (maybe at least for booking accommodation - the notice was a bit ambiguous).

#3 Posted: 10/11/2012 - 05:59

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

If you need faster way you gonna take Bus.
    Ferry check at this site http://www.phiphi-ferry.com/
    but don't expect to get cheap cost. :'(

#4 Posted: 12/11/2012 - 03:26

• FishyGigi

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2012

The last ferry route I travelled on was Tsushima in Japan to Busan in South Korea, I found info and booked mine through a price comparison website that was fine, had a reasonable price not sure if they do that route but have a look here http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk/ferryports.htm they go to lots of ports. It was great to understand what the website actually said, as the rest of the websites I checked where all in Japanese! :p Hope this helps in any way..

#5 Posted: 12/11/2012 - 04:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phuket/Railay in the Rainy Season? ... By dawei on 7 Mar 2008 0 2224 7 Mar 2008
Ferry to Phi Phi from Phuket ... By jessie604 on 5 Jan 2008 1 2175 6 Jan 2008
Good quiet beach near Railay or Phuket?? ... By LauraJ87 on 3 Jul 2012 16 3849 15 Jul 2012
May trip - questions on Phuket/Railay/Phi-Phi area ... By ls1dreams on 25 Apr 2013 3 1709 26 Apr 2013