Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Railay - Phuket ferry?

Posted by sunday_stroll on 9/11/2012 at 22:13

Hey all,

Quick one, do any of you out there know of some Ferry company websites operating from Railay - Phuket? To my understanding Ferries operate this route during Peak times, which suits us.
I'm having a damn hard time trying to find any info online!

Thanks a bunch!

#1 sunday_stroll has been a member since 19/12/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by captainbkk on 10/11/2012 at 02:15

youre wasting time finding that on www.
The usual way by boat-if you really want that- is via PhiPhi and change there-with a few hrs stop. Maybe, Buddha wiling and enough people turn up, there MAY be a direct boat-or not. Why worry now-you have to set aside the full day anyway for it-so just ask when on Railay.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by tezza on 10/11/2012 at 05:59

There has been a direct boat from Ao Nang to Phuket . I have accessed this from Railay - buy a ticket at one of the small travel agencies, wait on the beach, get designated longtail out to waiting ferry which has just left Ao Nang, chug a short distance further out and then change to another waiting ferry.
The first ferry was obviously the Phi Phi one (or maybe the Lanta one if there is still an afternoon Lanta ferry from Ao Nang - somehow I think this no longer runs).
Anyway, I think Andaman Island Hopping website may have times of the Ao Nang/Railay to Phuket ferry - although last time I looked on that website a notice said it was no longer functional (maybe at least for booking accommodation - the notice was a bit ambiguous).

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by RiniRabbit on 12/11/2012 at 03:26

If you need faster way you gonna take Bus.
Ferry check at this site http://www.phiphi-ferry.com/
but don't expect to get cheap cost. :'(

#4 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by FishyGigi on 12/11/2012 at 04:58

The last ferry route I travelled on was Tsushima in Japan to Busan in South Korea, I found info and booked mine through a price comparison website that was fine, had a reasonable price not sure if they do that route but have a look here http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk/ferryports.htm they go to lots of ports. It was great to understand what the website actually said, as the rest of the websites I checked where all in Japanese! :p Hope this helps in any way..

#5 FishyGigi has been a member since 12/11/2012. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.