Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand - Malaysia 2013 Itinerary Help

• wheretonext

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2012
    Location Philippines

Hello all! Novice traveler here going to Bangkok departing from Cebu, my home town, Jan 27 and then making my way down south of Thailand, catching a train to Malaysia, leaving from Kuala Lumpur , Feb 9. Would love to hear some suggestions, tips, safety precautions and all that jazz.

Here is my draft itinerary that is totally flexible:
    Jan 27 - Arrive 4 pm in Bangkok, Thinking of maybe going Chatuchak market (what are its opening times?), then go to MBK then maybe hit up Khao San Road or Soi Cowboy? I want to shop around for stuff this day.
    Jan 28 - Going to attempt to see all of these attractions in the following order: Wat Ratchabophit, Wat Ratchaphradit, Wat Pho, Grand Palace, National Museum, Royal Barge Museum, Wat Rakhang, Wat Arun, Wat Kalayanimit, Pak Khlong/ Phahurat Market, Dinner in chinatown
    Jan 29 - Wat Traimit then head to Dusit prefecture, Erawan Shrine and then maybe afternoon trip to Kanchanaburi
    Jan 30 - Day trip to Ayyuthaya, Take 8pm VIP bus from Bangkok South terminal to Phang Nga (Any other transport options to phang nga? Do I need to book in advance for bus tickets?)
    Jan 31 - Feb 3 - Do stuff in Phang Nga bay (Any suggestions? Where to stay? What to do? Things to see other than the floating village and james bond island?) Also I have no idea where to stay in Phang Nga, Any suggestions? The cheaper the better!
    Feb 3 - Feb 4 - Still sorting out how to get out of Phang Nga and make my way to Penang, Malaysia (Any suggestions? Any other place I got to see before I leave southern thailand?)
    Feb 5 - Feb 7 - By now I should be in Penang, seeing and doing stuff, leave at night to KL
    Feb 7 - Feb 9 - What to do in Kuala Lumpur for these 2 remaining days? I leave at 8.55pm from KL then back to Cebu

Need you guys to refine and help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 10/11/2012 - 23:22

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Too much in too little time. Just my opinion.

#2 Posted: 11/11/2012 - 16:47

• wheretonext

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2012
    Location Philippines

Yeah I know but its all the time I've got. :( Just gotta make the most out of it.

#3 Posted: 11/11/2012 - 20:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand and Malaysia April 2013 ... By chrisf88 on 9 Nov 2012 3 2140 14 Feb 2013
2013 - 6 months in Thailand and neighbouring countries ( malaysia, indonesia, bali ) perhaps? ... By subliminal29 on 15 Oct 2011 9 2240 27 Apr 2013
Looking for Thailand/Malaysia/Bali travel buddies June/July 2013 ... By islandtravels on 21 May 2013 5 1591 13 Jul 2013
Thailand Itinerary Help August 2013 ... By Spearos on 18 May 2013 7 1949 6 Jun 2013