Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Cheapest flights and trips

• LauraAndLee1

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2012

Hey guys, we are a young couple in our twenties looking to travel SEA in September 13 for 10 weeks. This is our first time travelling and we are new to everthing so every bit of information you have would be very helpful.
    We are looking to fly to India from London and stay there for 10 days and then onto Bangkok where we would start are travels round Thailand, Loas, Vietnam and Cambodia. Where would you recommend to look for cheap flights?
    Also we have been recommended to do trips such as tribal trekking in Chaing Mai. Is it cheaper to wait and book the trips when you get there or before? What kind of prices did you pay and where did you book your trips?

All replies would be brilliant. Thanks guys.

#1 Posted: 12/11/2012 - 15:45

• Advertisement

• JohnnyM

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2012

I tend to look at

http://www.flightcentre.co.uk
    http://www.statravel.co.uk/
    http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/

to see what airlines are doing good deals - then just do some googling - though - tbh - all the big travel agents tend to have similar deals . If you're doing a triangular route (London - delhi - bangkok - London) - just do some ringing around as websites tend not to be very geared up to that.

I've always found tours to be cheaper once you're wherever you're going rather than booking on line in another country. I'd get a decent guidebook (Lonely Planet - good for detail - but bit dull & everyone else has a copy, Rough Guide - more quirky & UK outlook - but not as good detail wise etc) for details of good trips in any area

Biggest tip i'd give is not to try and fit too much in -otherwise you just wont appreciate it and spend all your time travelling! have a great time.

#2 Posted: 12/11/2012 - 16:41

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

- For flight booking in Thailand
    http://www.airasia.com/th/en/home.page , for cheap flights.
    you can booking tour when you arrive in Chiang Mai ,buy guide books about Thailand.
    - Train is cheap way to travel to the north but not fast way to get there you will need overnight but go by train is always have a good experience link for booking here http://www.thairailticket.com/esrt/Default.aspx?language=1
    Traveling in Bangkok try to stay near BTS or MRT
    - You can check at this Hotel http://www.thecontinenthotel.com/offers.html there is good location for both transportation BTS and MRT and near famous places like Nana and Terminal21 nice the mall on Sukhumvit Rd.

#3 Posted: 13/11/2012 - 03:04

• LauraAndLee1

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2012

Thanks for the help... just curious was there anything you done or any place you visited that was a must do?

#4 Posted: 13/11/2012 - 13:02

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

no-anyone has his/her own personal tastes.
    As this all seems so new to you-and the endless all-the-same Qs about etc are answered in another book-can also borrow an older one from your library-from Rough Gds; First Time Asia (yes, there is also 1st time ATW=around the world).
    In about any budget-aimed guidebook are dozens of lists for specific interests and groups-with top10s etc.
    BKK has over 3000 hotels-and around a 1000 of them are real low budget-so do not blindly follow advice from some advertsier.

#5 Posted: 14/11/2012 - 01:17

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

- In Bangkok , you can take BTS to Saphan Taksin station and catch boat from Sathorn pier to get off at Tha-Chang pier , you can walk from there for 5 mins to visit Wat Phra Kaew and Grand Palace (must dress appropriately no wear short/sandals), There also have another temple like Wat Pho also near King Prajadhipok Museum , Wat Arun can do crossing by boat from Wat Pho (Tha-Tien pier) these please that you must see in Bangkok.
    - You can take Taxi or Tuk-Tuk cost 50 - 60 Bath (maybe less) from there to Khao San road (There have cheap accommodation good for backpacks) ,and KS know for nightlife but not like in Nana.
    - MBK , Paragon Mall, Siam Square , Central World to Terminal21 is Famous the mall in Bangkok.
    - Forget, Aiasiatique at the riverside (Chopaya river) is nice to visit / dinner at night (catch free shuttle boat at Sathorn pier)
    - Good Shopping places there are Platinum fashion mall (behind Central Wold) for indoor shopping , Jatujak market (BTS to Mochit station) for outdoor shopping.
    - For Chaing Mai September still in Wet season , not sure if there is good time to do tribal trekking, you probably need to check the weather and places before do this trip.

Well it's really many please in Thailand that you can't mis to visit , you probably research what is your interesting to see and do here.
    By the way I live in Thailand and I know here very well.

#6 Posted: 16/11/2012 - 02:20

• morroco

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2012

The best (aqnd most economical) way to do this trip is to fly with Jet Airways from London Heathrow. They have fares available that will allow you to stop in Delhi or Mumbai, and then, when you are ready, carry on your journey to Bangkok. The lowest fares are available for September and they are priced at £624 per person inclusive of tax. Let me know if you want any more details.

#7 Posted: 16/11/2012 - 05:02

• emae8507

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2012

I am also looking to book flights and to Thailand and think that skscanner is a good way of searching for the best price. If anyone has a better option. let me know

#8 Posted: 20/11/2012 - 06:02

• morroco

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2012

Hi Emae.

Skyscanner is a great way to check for prices, but as it is a portal site, it does not check availability. If you are leaving from the UK, drop me a message, and I can check availability for the dates you need.

#9 Posted: 20/11/2012 - 09:49

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

have you tried using sites like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity to check for flights? a good read here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385524,00.asp

#10 Posted: 20/11/2012 - 18:49

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
cheapest flights to bangkok ... By charlie88 on 13 Aug 2007 7 3455 22 Aug 2007
Cheapest flights to thailand. ... By bengalist on 14 Oct 2010 3 2043 19 Oct 2010
Cheapest flights to Phillipines ... By mic59 on 30 Jan 2013 2 2507 13 Feb 2013
Cheapest flights from London to Cambodia ... By remf on 23 Apr 2009 3 3406 24 Apr 2009