Thailand forum

honeymoon help

• portrushbear

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2012

Hi guys

First time poster

I am planning my honeymoon for November 2013 flying out on 11th

I have talked to a couple of people and was advised an itinerary somewhere along these lines

3 nights Bangkok
    4 nights koh samui
    4 nights koh phanang
    4 nights koh Tao

Then possibly 4 nights phuket before flying back home

What are the thoughts on such plans? I am open to suggestions, will most likely book accommodations in advance, in and around 4* maybe even 5*

I'd like a mix of quiet beach life, bit of nightlife and some excursions

I have never been to Thailand before so any advice or input would be well received.

Thanks

Pb

#1 Posted: 14/11/2012 - 03:42

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, and Ko Tao are in the lower Gulf of Thailand, which has it's (unique) peak rainy period in November. Meanwhile most of the rest of Thailand is just crawling out of rainy season (June-October). So you can expect some thundershowers but usually better chance of sun by avoiding the lower east coast and going west instead. Phuket has the most crowded beaches (especially Patong and Karon) but there are other quieter beaches like Kata in the south and Nai Yang in the north. Of course if you stay in an exclusive resort it doesn't matter too much until you venture out on the street and public beaches. Ko Phi Phi is also very popular and crowded, but gorgeous and quieter in some parts like up the Laem Thong peninsula where you have posh resorts like the Holiday Inn and Zeavola. Also check out the Ao Nang and Railay area near Krabi, with the Rayavadee Resort at Ao Phra Nang (if you can afford the most expensive place in Thailand). There are relatively quieter but still luxury places on Ko Lanta like the Phimalai Resort on Kantiang Bay. Also check out the coast north of Phuket at Khao Lak. Anyway you don't necessarily need to go 4 or 5-star to get a posh resort room/bungalow on a nice beach. What sort of budget did you have in mind for accommodation?

#2 Posted: 14/11/2012 - 05:10

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Ditto Bob re the weather and how suitable the laid back east coast of Phi Phi is for a honeymoon and your other asks. You could add Phi Phi Island Village a bit further down the east coast on Loh Bakeao beach to the upmarket list.
    If your budget is not up to these high end joints, just south of Island Village on its own lovely little beach (Had Pak Nam/Relax Bay) is flashpacker/lower midrange Relax Resort which gets raves on the user review sites. Maybe you could check what travelfish user reviews say.

Plenty of other great Andaman locations but Phi Phi has the advantage of ease of access and some of the most spectacular scenery in Thailand in the immediate vicinity. And the east coast is nothing like the hectic overdone town area which draws so much criticism from travellers not into the party scene etc.

#3 Posted: 14/11/2012 - 17:15

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

btw I see you intend to visit multiple places. You can still do this - say 4 nights on the Samui side and then transferring over to the Andaman. You will blow most of a day changing sides of course vs half a day transferring islands in the southern Gulf.

If you want 3 locations in the Andaman, Krabi followed by Phi Phi and then Lanta would do it nicely (maybe Krabi, Lanta, Phi Phi gets you nearer an airport on exit).
    Krabi is on the way to Phi Phi from the Samui side so you could do a Samui side place, Krabi and then Phi Phi.

#4 Posted: 14/11/2012 - 17:22

• portrushbear

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2012

Cheers guys

Great help, I will look into the locations on the Andaman side, always means I can return sometime to do the gulf islands

It will be nice to mix the hustle and bustle with the relaxed side

I'll start looking into hotels and prices etc, just tied knowing the flights aren't out yet!

#5 Posted: 15/11/2012 - 09:55

• andlynsheeba

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2012

Hi Friends,

According to my opinion Thailand is the wonderful place for honeymoon couples.... And the most of the city spa capturing the essence of the tropical East. When it comes to food or culture or massage, Thailand is famous for all said things. Thai massage center is one of the perfect explanations about Thailand. So Come and enjoy the pleasures of complete relaxation for your honeymoon and make it memorable....

Thanks,

Sheeba

#6 Posted: 27/11/2012 - 06:14

• buland

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2012

you should visit phuket. it is the best place for honeymoon trip. people used to visit this place & you can also visit.

#7 Posted: 28/11/2012 - 05:49

• morroco

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2012

I agree with Captain Bob and Tezza. At that time of year weather can be hit and miss on the Gulf side, and as you are on Honeymoon, I would advise staying over the on the Andaman side. I alos think that if you are staying that side, then a more advisable itinerary would be 3 nights in Bangkok, and then basing yourself in a lovely hotel for the remainder of your Honeymoon, in say Kata Beach, Railay or Ao Nang. From any of these bases, you would then have a myriad of options for sightseeing and daytrips, supposing of course you didn't just want to laze on the beach. Alternatively, you could do 5 days in Phuket or Krabi and then the remainder on Phi Phi or Koh Yao Noi. The last thing I would want on Honeymoon is to constantly be packing and moving, but each to their own of course. The airlines release all their flights 11 months in advance, and only have a certain number of seats available at the lowest fares. Have a fantastic time.

#8 Posted: 28/11/2012 - 11:58

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Choices for your honeymoon destinations
    - Khao lak @ Phang Nga (nice and quiet good for relax)
    - Phuket For many things to do (nightlife,the beach, load of activities)
    - Krabi (Railay bay,Koh Lanta for quiet and relaxing beaches)
    - Trang islands (Koh Mook,Koh Ngai) for nice snorkeling.
    - National park , Similan , Tarutao ,Surin islands for limited accommodations and crowds on the island.
    (:

#9 Posted: 28/11/2012 - 21:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.