Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Storage in Bangkok

• milo5286

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007

Hi,
    Im travelling to Europe after South East Asia and I have been told by several people to travel lightly through South East Asia.
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a safe, cheap and easy place, eg. airport, where I could store stuff.

Oh also, I want to buy a couple things like black shoes, light weight shirts and pants. I was thinking I could send the shoes home so I dont have to cary them around. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I could get these things and if sending stuff is easy?

Cheers

Robbie

#1 Posted: 16/5/2007 - 14:25

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi,

Im not sure about storage (altho im sure you can store a bag at the airports) but you can buy almost anything in Thailand. In the main citys there are department stores everywhere and even more markets. You will find 100000's of black shoes! lol :)
    ]
    As for sending them back. You can send stuff from the post offices or use a courrier service like DHL.

Ant.

P.S Try MBK for shoes. :)

#2 Posted: 17/5/2007 - 00:19

• ernieh

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi milo5286,

Here are the storage prices in Bangkok as of March 2007:

Airport Baggage: BHT 50 per day
    Shambara Boutique Hostel near Khao San Rd.: BHT 20 per day

I stored a bag at a place near Khao San Rd. for BHT 10 per day. They have an attendant watching the bags. I can't remember the name of the place off hand but will I will check.

Thai Post is very reliable. I sent a package to Australia via air mail and it arrived in less than one week. A branch of Thai Post is located near Khao San Rd. (Burger King) side.

Ernie

#3 Posted: 17/5/2007 - 16:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.