Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

travelling inside in Thailand

• Backpack30

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2012

hi all,

we are in Bangkok andwe would like to travel to krabi.
    is thete anybody who like to ho thete as well?
    furthermore, could u help me that which company is the cheapest fot this way, and what the price is?

thanks

#1 Posted: 16/11/2012 - 11:14

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The cheapest way to Krabi is to go to the southern bus station and get an overnight bus. The overnight bus will save a night's accommodation.
    If you are a person who needs a comfy bed, there are plenty of buses go during the day too.
    The southern bus station has one disadvantage - it's a fair distance from accommodation areas. There are inexpensive city route buses go there but I'm not sure which ones. I think the forum has one Bangkok mass transit expert - I hope he sees this thread. Otherwise it's a taxi although that's not too bad if it can be split two ways.

When you get to Krabi, the bus station is maybe 3-4km east of town. No worries - there are frequent songthaews down to Krabi central and a fair few then go on to Ao Nang for Railay and Ton Sai.
    If you want to go to the pier for Phi Phi or Lanta, the lady who runs the small travel agency in the bus station compound usually meets the buses - I have found she is very good at ferry tickets including a shuttle to the pier which is maybe 3km west of town central. There are plenty of small ticket agencies in town can do all this too.
    The minivans which go Krabi town to Lanta via the vehicle punts usually call in at the bus station too - she should be able to ring them and sell you a ticket.

#2 Posted: 16/11/2012 - 15:53

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

as I now sit in HCMC-or Saigon and this place has free web, I am just catching up.
    I really wonder why people keep so nervous about bus nrs-as anyone raves about helpful Thai. ASK at the stop-there will be scores of buses, and it will take at least 30-40 mins from bangLamPhu.
    Actually this is NOT the very cheapest way-thats the robbery farang bus from KSRdirect-the ticket cost less, the lost luggage will in the end cost more though.
    I give up on those BKK busroutes-only if someone really asks an intelligent and out of the ordinary Q that I can crack mny brains on, I might spend on it . For the rest go to this:
    thaitransit.blogspot.com
    transitbangkok.com
    This 2nd is based on data from 10-12 years ago and likely stolen from a JPNese freind of me- so expect not all data to be correct, it lists routes long ceased and also omits many new lines that might be more useful.
    The 1st is from a real busfreak but he left BKK for homeOZ 2 yrs ago and is not updated since, but its gives good descriptions of what is best to take from main points.

#3 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 07:37

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Good on ya, cap'n - I knew you'd come through.
    OK, the info may be a bit dated - but things often don't change too much over 2 years or so, and it's way better than nothing.

Wish I could think of an intelligent and out of the ordinary Q that yu can crack yer brains on, - but I cracked my brain years back, can only think these days of hot biker girls in fishnet tops.

#4 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 23:48

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Try to check at this for flight http://www.airasia.com/th/en/home.page
    Train to Surat and catch bus to Krabi or Take bus from Mochit2 heading to Krabi. VIP buses cost not over 1000THB

#5 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 03:37

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

sorry its bounce

#6 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 03:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
29/M traveling to Thailand and more Jan 26 - Feb 10 (Look inside - it\'ll be worth a minute) ... By nodishack on 5 Jan 2012 0 632 5 Jan 2012