Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Visa help...

• SBKM

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

I'm hoping the subject title hasn't put you off reading the thread!

Hopefully a simple one for people with more expertise than myself....

I have just applied for a 60 day tourist visa as we are looking at staying in Thailand for more than 30 days on arrival.

Our current plans are to then travel from Thailand to Laos, Vietnam and then Cambodia. From Cambodia we will head back to Thailand and get another 15 day visa on arrival before heading to Indonesia.

On our way back from Malaysia we would like to head back to Thailand and spend some time in the southern islands.

Am I right in thinking can get a 30 day visa on arrival if we travel by air from Kuala Lumpur to Southern Thailand? I'm just hoping the 60 day visa isn't restricting us from spending more time in Thailand and am assuming we can start on new visas when re-entering the country...

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 20/11/2012 - 07:46

• Advertisement

• Jimmy01

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2012

Hello there! To answer your question, yes, you'll get 30-day visa on arrival if you travel by air and 15-day when you travel by land. As long as you get a re-entry permit before your 60 day tourist visa expires, you can still get inside Thailand. You have to get the reentry before leaving Thailand otherwise your visa will be void. You can also apply for a 30 day extension on your tourist visa, the so called 90-day visa.

#2 Posted: 21/11/2012 - 04:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.