Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Mae Hong Son - Getting around without scooter

Posted by GhostOfTomJoad on 22/11/2012 at 08:39

I'm in Mae hong son and have been having trouble finding a trekking company that get get me a trek as I am on my own and it is two people minimum. Several have told me to come back later and see if any other single travellers have enquired, but so far no luck. I pretty much came here just to trek but am happy just going round the city taking it all in. However, I have 2 full days, and there isn't enough to do in the city for that time. There are some cool things to do in the surrounding area, and I have tried to book a day trip, but no luck with that either, as most of the companies want to take me to the long neck villages which I don't want to do.

My question is, does anyone know where I can hire a driver/guide/tuk tuk for half a day that can take me to some caves and waterfalls etc? I tried to ride a scooter (no experience whatsoever) in Pai and was not comfortable at all. I spent the whole time driving around saying out loud to myself 'oh ****, oh ****, oh ****' so basically I'm not doing that again. There must be some way to see some of the sights without going on a tour and not hiring a bike, I just don't know where to look, or if it would even be accessible to tuk tuks.

Thanks.

#1 GhostOfTomJoad has been a member since 23/8/2012. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.