Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Mae Hong Son - Getting around without scooter

• GhostOfTomJ-
    oad

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

I'm in Mae hong son and have been having trouble finding a trekking company that get get me a trek as I am on my own and it is two people minimum. Several have told me to come back later and see if any other single travellers have enquired, but so far no luck. I pretty much came here just to trek but am happy just going round the city taking it all in. However, I have 2 full days, and there isn't enough to do in the city for that time. There are some cool things to do in the surrounding area, and I have tried to book a day trip, but no luck with that either, as most of the companies want to take me to the long neck villages which I don't want to do.

My question is, does anyone know where I can hire a driver/guide/tuk tuk for half a day that can take me to some caves and waterfalls etc? I tried to ride a scooter (no experience whatsoever) in Pai and was not comfortable at all. I spent the whole time driving around saying out loud to myself 'oh ****, oh ****, oh ****' so basically I'm not doing that again. There must be some way to see some of the sights without going on a tour and not hiring a bike, I just don't know where to look, or if it would even be accessible to tuk tuks.

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 22/11/2012 - 08:39

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.