Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Phangan Vs. Koh Tao

• emc

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2012

I'm going to one or the other in mid-December for about five days. I'm not interested in the full moon party or any "hardcore" partying like raves, but I am interested in bars and socializing. I'd like to be around people in their twenties or early thirties. Backpacker-types preferred.

I also want there to be a lot to do -- rock climbing, ATVs, good snorkeling, hiking, and beautiful beaches of course. It would also be great if these things were easily accessible and affordable.

Any suggestions?

I've also heard that Decemer weather in either of these islands can be bad every 4-5 years. Does anyone know if this year hits that mark?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 18:37

• Advertisement

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

The weather http://www.accuweather.com/en/th/ko-phangan/319716/weather-forecast/319716 : Yes, it's wet season now.
    If snorkeling Koh Tao is nice to do it.
    It's okie if you will stay at Phangan (if don't the rain but because it's rainy season it might not good to go out for swimming)
    However, Thong Nai Pan Noi is nice , I think you might like it there.

#2 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 22:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.