Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travelling in Isaan

• purpletoupee

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2012

My friend and I will be taking a one month journey through Isaan this January. We will (hopefully) be doing recordings of local musicians, nightclub performances and radio broadcasts. We'll be hitting:

Khorat
    Roi Et
    Mukdahan
    Khemmerat
    Amnat Charoen
    Ubon Ratchathani
    Surin

Any recommendations of other Isaan towns to check out for good music? Any other advice for Isaan travelling?
    Thanks so much!

#1 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 21:20

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

In Mukdahan Norees is a must see and I would recommend you also go to The Picking Cowboy and check out Howard doing "Killing the Blues". Nobody, not Robert Plant or Chris Issak - nobody can touch him on this song. Drop me a line here on travelfish and I can steer you around.

#2 Posted: 27/11/2012 - 03:38

• purpletoupee

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2012

Thanks madmac! I'll be sure to let you know when we arrive.
    Another question: do you know when the Mukdahan Tribal Festival is happening this year?

#3 Posted: 18/12/2012 - 19:05

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I've never even heard of the Mukdahan Tribal Festival, but that sort of thing doesn't interest me much. Let me ask around.

#4 Posted: 19/12/2012 - 09:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.