We have 1 month in SEA (we are limited to Cambodia and/or Thailand) and are having a hard time figuring out how to spend our time. It's such an amazing place and we may be trying to do too much. Does anyone have any suggestions for us?
Here's what are tentative itinerary is:
- Fly into BKK and overland to Siem Reap to visit Angkor Wat and then head to Tonle Sap Lake to visit the floating villages.
- Head to PP and up to Kompong Cham for a homestay on the Mekong River
- Head back to PP and fly to Chiang Mai and visit temples, take cooking classes, trekking and visiting hilltribes.
- Fly from CM to Phuket and island hop - possibly Ko Phi Phi and Ko Wao Noi on the Andaman Sea side all the way up the coast back to BKK (or trade this island adventure for a Cambodia island trip)
Any ideas or recommendations for us are much appreciated!
#1 pucca_girl45 has been a member since 4/11/2012. Posts: 8
It looks doable, you've set up the program so it is basically 1 week per section . . . I'd think you'll want to spend more time island hoping as that is the relaxing bit, so you could shave a night or two off each of the other sections as you go along, save exploring BKK for the end of the trip so you get there a night or two early to check it out.
the nice thing of Asia here is that you do not havew to preplan all that now.
1-you dfid not say for what period- do not forget april has that terrible songkran new year in both
2. there is NOT any need to prebook all that-plus that most of it you even cannot. Fliutes may be a little more exp if booked later, but not over the top. So just take it as it comes-stay longer if you like it, stay short if not and move on.
BTW:-3-: this is not adventurous at all, you follow well-trodden pathes used by the million, and you have also chosen the most touristy and busy southern-and expensive- places that exist: Phuket and Phiphi.
PS-I also think there are NO direct flites as of yet PnPn-CNX, so that means via BKK-you might as well use train or bus BKK-CNX overnite, for tnhat really adventurous bekpek experience. AirAisa now uses DMK=trains are opposite.
#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472