Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

2 choice of hote in Bangkok, which one should i book?

• franks2k

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2011

Hey guys,

I need your help, i will be in BKK and i have a great deal on 2 Hotels, i am not sure which one to book as they are both in different area in the city. I am looking for the one that is the fastest by transportation to Khao San road since we will be sightseeing.

first hotel address:

M2 de Bangkok 02
    168 Viphawadee Rangsit Road, Din Daeng
    Bangkok 10400

or

IMM Fushion Sukhumvit Hotel (2)
    1594/50 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey
    Bangkok 10260

thank you so much guys!

Cheers!

#1 Posted: 7/12/2012 - 07:51

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

is none of the above an option? traffic can be pretty rough in bangkok, and if you want to visit the sanam luang area for sightseeing, i'd recommend staying in the general rattanakosin (khao san road) area. you don't have to stay right on khao san road either, as there are dozens of nice places nearby. another advantage is that if your hotel is nearby, you can take a break and have a nap or a shower in the middle of the day before you head out again.

if your heart is set on the places you mention, the sukhumvit area is very crowded but at least you can catch the sky train for a good part of the way before you have to transfer to bus or taxi to get to khao san road. or you could head up towards phetburi road (the next major road north) and catch a canal boat down to that area. fast and exciting but don't let the canal "water" get in your mouth or nose.

the place in din daeng might be near the subway, but that really won't help much and you'll probably need to taxi to khao san road. traffic won't be as thick, but will still be significant. i hope that helps. cheers.

#2 Posted: 7/12/2012 - 12:26

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

BKK has asome 3000+ hotels and all do very -special for you-deals.
    That HTL is In DinDng DIStrict but not ON DnDng road-and its miles from anywhere.
    IF you want this Khao sarn area (why-its mainly half naked newbee tourists, full of scams-but Sukhumvit is even more so) there are around 200+ places to stay-and some 40/50 of them are in mid-lower hi-class. check a site like khaosanroad. Saves hours, hours of sitting in taxis.
    But if youre really a little bit adventurous, then a HTL away from the tourist masses can be much nicer for a stay, also dozens+more of smaller boutique style places and ditto for new-style modern hi-stylish design places-like that IMM pretends to be.
    read tripadvisor for HTl reviews-at least they have the power of the masses. Chances that youll find much humble bekpekkers (for which this site aims) to have stayed in those palces is zil to nil.

#3 Posted: 8/12/2012 - 03:27

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

If you want to sightseeing around Khao San rd, then you probably look at accommodations around Banglamphu for close to KSR instead.

#4 Posted: 10/12/2012 - 23:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Your choice of hotel in Bangkok would be? ... By TravelAddictBaby on 24 Feb 2010 10 4101 7 Apr 2010