Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Post to Thailand

• SBKM

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

Hello all,

Me being me I've lost my credit card three weeks into the trip! I need it back ASAP and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for companies who will do express delivery from London to out here?

Ta

#1 Posted: 13/12/2012 - 04:25

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Have you contacted your bank directly? They would probably have some suggestions on how to get a replacement one to you ASAP.

#2 Posted: 13/12/2012 - 13:35

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

lizzy is right, your bank or credit card company should be dealing with this and you should be able to get replacement cards in the nearest big city.

#3 Posted: 14/12/2012 - 02:39

• bedu

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007
    Total reviews: 15

My bank will not post card to Bangkok, unless I change my resistered address to Thailand.

Be aware if they post to a UK address and someone sends it on to you, and it is stolen and used- you may be liable for any losses, as the bank sent it to the correct address.

However with some credit cards- you have to phone the bank to activate it.

Just make sure you have a relaible address in Bangkok.
    Customs seem to always open letters here- my Xmas cards from the UK were opened to check to see if they had any money.

Hope you get sorted out. :)

#4 Posted: 17/12/2012 - 00:31

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Happened to me the first time I came to Thailand. As the other posters said contact all card companys first. Then IF they have some kind of a branch in the city you're in they will probably send replacements to their branch where you can pick them up. They will most likely will not send to just some address you provide. You will need to show ID to get and a general delivery doesn't do that. LOL If your cards are from a local bank at home....hmmm.. probably not going to get anything. I'm from the US and my daughter has sent me stuff overnight (ha , time zone) before but not through the regular post. She used FedEx. Someone actually found my wallet and returned it home a few months later. Of course there wasn't any credit cards, but I thought that was kinda cool.

#5 Posted: 17/12/2012 - 09:33

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

I remember now. My daughter sent me money by FedEx to my hotel in Bangkok to tide me over until I got the other stuff going.

#6 Posted: 17/12/2012 - 09:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.