Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Post to Thailand

Posted by SBKM on 13/12/2012 at 04:25

Hello all,

Me being me I've lost my credit card three weeks into the trip! I need it back ASAP and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for companies who will do express delivery from London to out here?

Ta

#1 SBKM has been a member since 23/8/2012. Posts: 14

Posted by busylizzy on 13/12/2012 at 13:35

Have you contacted your bank directly? They would probably have some suggestions on how to get a replacement one to you ASAP.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by altmtl on 14/12/2012 at 02:39

lizzy is right, your bank or credit card company should be dealing with this and you should be able to get replacement cards in the nearest big city.

#3 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by bedu on 17/12/2012 at 00:31

My bank will not post card to Bangkok, unless I change my resistered address to Thailand.

Be aware if they post to a UK address and someone sends it on to you, and it is stolen and used- you may be liable for any losses, as the bank sent it to the correct address.

However with some credit cards- you have to phone the bank to activate it.

Just make sure you have a relaible address in Bangkok.
Customs seem to always open letters here- my Xmas cards from the UK were opened to check to see if they had any money.

Hope you get sorted out. :)

#4 bedu has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 58

Posted by neosho on 17/12/2012 at 09:33

Happened to me the first time I came to Thailand. As the other posters said contact all card companys first. Then IF they have some kind of a branch in the city you're in they will probably send replacements to their branch where you can pick them up. They will most likely will not send to just some address you provide. You will need to show ID to get and a general delivery doesn't do that. LOL If your cards are from a local bank at home....hmmm.. probably not going to get anything. I'm from the US and my daughter has sent me stuff overnight (ha , time zone) before but not through the regular post. She used FedEx. Someone actually found my wallet and returned it home a few months later. Of course there wasn't any credit cards, but I thought that was kinda cool.

#5 neosho has been a member since 13/8/2008. Posts: 386

Posted by neosho on 17/12/2012 at 09:35

I remember now. My daughter sent me money by FedEx to my hotel in Bangkok to tide me over until I got the other stuff going.

#6 neosho has been a member since 13/8/2008. Posts: 386

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.