Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Non Immigrant Visa

• rees86

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone on here knew how long a non immigrant visa is valid for? I'm a British passport holder and basically looking for a visa to cover me for as long as possible whilst I do my pro dive courses.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 14/12/2012 - 06:14

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

The answers to your questions can be found here.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123

Surfing the net shows it might be possible to get an education visa so you can complete your diving course. The dive school might be able to help you.

http://divinginstructortraining.com/pattaya-thailand/thai-visa-information/

#2 Posted: 14/12/2012 - 22:32

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

you had better first look if you qualify at all for non-I. Thaivisa-the word says it, is the best forum on all those matters.
    Most people order 1/2/3 entry tourist visa -each valid for 60 days, and do those borderruns in between-or buy an extra 30 days each time. Do the math yourself what is the cheapest option. As about any divesite is way south, Malaysia is enough close by.

#3 Posted: 15/12/2012 - 01:56

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Yeah as Goonistik says you should be able to get a non-imm. education visa - ask the dive school to help... They'll need to write a letter and sign off on some other paperwork. Normally an Ed. visa is good for one year but you have to report to immigration once every three months.

As cptbkk says you could get by with tourist visas but those are good for only 2 months (with extension possible for 30 days each time but that requires a trip to immigration). You could also get a double entry tourist visa but would still need to leave the country, although that might be easier depending on where you'll be located as you could just pop over to Burma for an hour out of Ranong, or to Langkawi via Lipe. It gets to be a real pain (and expensive) if you need to get a new tourist visa every two to three months. And unless you fly back in you only get 15 days visa free so that pretty much kills the old monthly border run possibility.

#4 Posted: 15/12/2012 - 10:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
which visa - non immigrant cat0 ... By g_singh on 5 Sep 2007 6 1372 13 Sep 2007