Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Hua Hin or Krabi in July for honeymoon

• Rosieni

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2012

Hiya, my partner and I are in the process of booking our honeymoon, so far we have flights to and from Thailand booked and are hoping to stay a couple of days in Bangkok, fly to Combodia for 3 or 4 days, a week in Koh Samui and a week in either Hua Hin or Krabi . I have been to Thailand twice before to Samui, Phuket and Hua Hin but it would be about 7 years ago (can't wait to get back). I liked Hua Hin but there are mixed reports on it now and have never been to Krabi so don't know what it is like, Hua Hin/Krabi will be our quiet chill out resort with Bangkok and Samui bit more nightlife etc. We are in two minds as we have read that the weather isn't good in Krabi in July and lot of places closed but as we haven't been there before we would like to visit it. On the other hand Hua Hin's weather may be better this time of year and i loved it last time but it may have changed since i was there as it seems to get some seedy reports now, all advice/opinions appreciated :-)

#1 Posted: 20/12/2012 - 17:21

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Krabi - :)

#2 Posted: 20/12/2012 - 20:41

• pattaya24se-
    ven

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2012

They are quite different areas so it just depends which you prefer. Hua Hin is quite upmarket and full of Western brands and restaurants (though its beaches are great).
    Krabi has a more laid-back feel, though Ao Nang is a popular base with a host of hotels and restaurants. You can grab a longtail boat from there to the nearby islands, which are stunning.
    After the pressure of organising your wedding, I think I'd go for Krabi to get away from it all!

#3 Posted: 20/12/2012 - 23:47

• freiburger

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

We are talking about honeymoon here, right?

As for me, Krabi area is a nice holiday destination and offers almost everything you can think of, but I would not choose Krabi for honeymoon, since it is everything but romantic. But depends on you.

At Ao Nang they have a nice beach, but with lots of massage places or with lots of ships arriving. Same is Railay which has even more boat traffic. Heading up north a little direction Tub Kaek is getting less busy, but you are far away from the party and the restaurants. But you could travel to Krabi and onto an island like Phi Phi.

So as for me, Krabi and honeymoon is a no go :-)

#4 Posted: 27/12/2012 - 03:04

• Mark84

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2014

Krabi is beautiful, especially the limestone cliffs. But for honeymoons I would go for Hua Hin . Unfortunately the typical beaches in Hua Hin are now not the cleanest for swimming due to all the horse ride vendors. I would recommend Pranburi, not as famous, but it's only a short distance from Hua Hin and the beaches there are much cleaner and more private. My partner and I stayed someplace called Aleenta. Very beautiful rustic and romantic rooms on the beach front, loved it!

#5 Posted: 28/7/2014 - 21:48

• faronsav

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2014

Hua Hin is beautiful, but Krabi is as well, specially the south. I recommend the Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa. It's in the south of Krabi and the beaches are excellent.

#6 Posted: 26/8/2014 - 04:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai Honeymoon- Where in Krabi? ... By afox197 on 25 Aug 2010 1 997 25 Aug 2010