Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Hotel deals, Bangkok

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I've just had an e-mail from Travelpack a UK company offering deals on hotels between 29th May-3rd June. Anybody who is going to be in Bangkok then maybe interested. Rooms are for £5-6. Be. Interested if anybody takes up the offer let us know.
    One of the hotels is four star.

#1 Posted: 21/12/2012 - 08:18

• Advertisement

• Xircal

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2012

I'd take Thai star ratings with a pinch of salt if I were you. Hotels employ all sorts of underhand tactics to attract visitor like "boutique hotel" to refer to a backpackers hostel, "resort" where the only swimming pool is the puddle of rainwater outside the front door and stuff like that. As for £5 or £6 for a 4 star hotel, forget it. Bangkok hotels are the most expensive in the country and even a decent 1 star will set you back at least twice that.

As for Travelpack, the Whois for their site describes them as a "leisure and marketing company" which would imply that the emphasis is on time-share deals.

#2 Posted: 25/12/2012 - 05:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.