Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

shipping from SEA to canada. where do you go to have things shipped by sea? who pays the duties?

• holydinahor-
    ben

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2012
    Location Canada

i have heard that shipping by sea is the cheapest. also the slowest, but im okay with that.
    im wondering where do i go to have things shipped by sea? do i just go to the local post office and select shipping by sea? or... how does this work?

is there a better shipping home option? id mostly be shipping clothes and little nicknacks, nothing overly big or heavy

if duties do need to be payed, who pays them? me when i ship them, or who ever picks them up?

#1 Posted: 30/12/2012 - 14:53

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Just go to the post office, write souvenirs, gifts, choose by SEA, it takes about 2 months, you will get a tracking number. I've never paid duty on any package I've sent and some have been as much as 11 kilos. But it would be the person who picks them up if you are charged.

#2 Posted: 30/12/2012 - 16:42

• Xircal

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2012

Might be worth your while checking to see if there are import restrictions on the stuff you want to send: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/legislation-eng.html

#3 Posted: 2/1/2013 - 07:52

• holydinahor-
    ben

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2012
    Location Canada

thank you for both responses, they did help

#4 Posted: 4/1/2013 - 19:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.