Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Phi-Phi Don vs. Phuket

• gavinsanity

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2007

I am visiting Thailand in mid-August for six to eight days. My woman and I (no, I am not a redneck :) ) are conflicted about where we should spend our time. We are looking to plan relaxing time at the beach with opportunities for independent sightseeing and excursions- potentially half of our time in both places. First, Ko Phi-Phi Don, then go to Phuket or vice versa? We are leaving out of Bangkok. We are looking to relax- be away from big crowds at our hotel. If we want to join the crowds, then we can travel to the commotion. I have read a couple sections from the Thailand Lonely Planet travel guide. It sounds like Laem Thong or Hat Laem Thong would suite our needs. Do you have any recommnedations about where we should? My woman would be most appreciative. Thanks!!! We are extremely excited.

#1 Posted: 25/5/2007 - 22:55

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi,

If you're coming from Bangkok, then (assuming you're flying) I'd suggest going to Phuket first as that's where the flight will leave you. Phuket is good for "a beach holiday with lots to do" -- there's plenty of activities, bars, restaurants and shopping, so I'd say get that out of your system then head to Phi Phi.

Laem Thong (Hat Laem Thong is the same place) is one of the more isolated beaches on Phi Phi and most of the accommodation is pretty upmarket. The good thing about PP is that anything is but a boat ride away, so if you want to head into "town" on Phi Phi for a night out, it's simple enough to get a boat back later. Laem Thong's beach is pretty and as there are a few resorts on the beach you have some choice for eating out etc.

#2 Posted: 26/5/2007 - 09:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.