Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Good guesthouses on arrive to Bangkok?!

Posted by 12willkirk on 3/1/2013 at 13:08

Hi,

I was just wandering if anyone could advice any good guesthouses in Bangkok suitable for a couple of travellers only wanting to stay in the city a couple nights before heading north. We would like to be near enough to the Hualamphong station as well as a backpacking area if possible? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#1 12willkirk has been a member since 6/12/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by daawgon on 3/1/2013 at 13:20

Baan Dinso was very nice for me - location in the Old City (15 min walk to KSR)

Baan Dinso is a boutique hostel (all private room and deluxe, extremely friendly and old-Bangkok style).

This year I stayed in the Baan Tepa - I would recommend that also except that it's too far up north - you take the Express Boat. Bangkok is just too huge for comfort!

(the Old City has some of the best street food in the city - located between Chinatown and KSR/Grand Palace area)

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Posted by exacto on 3/1/2013 at 19:40

great suggestions from daawgon, but if you'd like another idea for comparison have a look at Thai Cosy. it has been awhile since i stayed there, but i remember really liking it for the close but not too close location to Khao San Road and all the attractions near Sanam Luang. they used to have a 24-hour front desk too, which was really helpful when our flight was delayed and didn't arrive until 2 am. good luck!

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,632
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.