Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Good guesthouses on arrive to Bangkok?!

• 12willkirk

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2012

Hi,

I was just wandering if anyone could advice any good guesthouses in Bangkok suitable for a couple of travellers only wanting to stay in the city a couple nights before heading north. We would like to be near enough to the Hualamphong station as well as a backpacking area if possible? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 3/1/2013 - 13:08

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Baan Dinso was very nice for me - location in the Old City (15 min walk to KSR)

Baan Dinso is a boutique hostel (all private room and deluxe, extremely friendly and old-Bangkok style).

This year I stayed in the Baan Tepa - I would recommend that also except that it's too far up north - you take the Express Boat. Bangkok is just too huge for comfort!

(the Old City has some of the best street food in the city - located between Chinatown and KSR/Grand Palace area)

#2 Posted: 3/1/2013 - 13:20

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

great suggestions from daawgon, but if you'd like another idea for comparison have a look at Thai Cosy. it has been awhile since i stayed there, but i remember really liking it for the close but not too close location to Khao San Road and all the attractions near Sanam Luang. they used to have a 24-hour front desk too, which was really helpful when our flight was delayed and didn't arrive until 2 am. good luck!

#3 Posted: 3/1/2013 - 19:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
No plans just going to arrive, good or bad idea? ... By Rassklass on 30 Sep 2010 16 2905 25 Nov 2010