Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chaing Mai June

• jan1

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2004
    Places visited:
    At least 16

Planning to go to Chaing Mai in June , due to travel plans this is the only time I can go last week of May 1st week of June, Planning on doing the Mae Hong Song loop
    What is the weather like in the month of June is it so hot that you can't walk for 2 hrs at mid day or is it comfortable because of it being so North
    Hoping to be out and about for most of the day ?
    Was in Sapa last year around the same time and it was perfect in Sapa but in Hanoi it was unbearable hot during the day and in Tam Coc I had to stay indoors between 11 am and 4 pm it was so hot even with an umbrella
    and Iam from the UK but have been living in UAE so I should be used to the heat
    Has anyone been up North at this time of the year, that can give me some idea of just how hot it might be
    Thanks Jan

#1 Posted: 5/1/2013 - 07:42

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Either hot-hot if it's sunny, or warm-wet if it's raining, or in between if it's just overcast which is common in June. No way of predicting how much rain/sun/cloud per day so just carry a small umbrella which also works as a sun shade. Daytime temps usually mid-30C but rain/cloud can cool it down while direct sun could be low-40C.

#2 Posted: 5/1/2013 - 10:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.