Which airline is the cheapest ? and some other questions.
10th April, 2006
1. Which airline is the cheapest to get from Bangkok to Koh Samui?
2. Are there regular long boats to Haad Rin or Haad Yuan from Koh Samui?
3. How long does the longboat take to Haad Rin from Koh Samui?
4. How much does the long boat cost?
5. Is the domestic airport in the same place as the Bangkok International?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to talk someone into flying rather than the bus/boat option(i hate busses, I have a problem knee and can never get comfortable!). I think It should work out cheaper as we wont need to stay the first night in Bangkok or have to pay the taxi fare from the airport. Any advice would be much apreciated. Thanks , Tim
#1 Posted: 11/4/2006 - 15:18
21st January, 2004
Total reviews: 24
At least 113
1) Bangkok airways is the only airline which flies to Ko Samui. Check the Bangkok Airways website for pricing info -- fares start at 2,000B one way.
2) There are at least 5 boats a day from memory from Big Buddha Beach to Haad Rin. They also run from Bophut.
3) About one hour
4) Not much -- 50/100B maybe
#2 Posted: 11/4/2006 - 16:04
10th April, 2006
Thanks again Somtam. You are a wealth of information. Great web site.
Cheers, Looking forward to seeing the update of the Bungalows on Haad Yuan next May. Have fun! Tim
#3 Posted: 11/4/2006 - 16:55
8th April, 2006
You could fly to surat thani with air asia for as cheap as 1000 Baht and then take the ferry over from there? Or For a about the same price you could take the night train to surat and carry on from there by boat. The night train is alot longer but cheaper and you can move about :)
#4 Posted: 12/4/2006 - 21:37
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Cheapest airline - Phuket back to UK ...||1||1248||9 Apr 2009|