Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Trail Running on Ko Samui / Phangan / Tao

• stumptownbro

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2012

Hi All - I have a 25k trail race Feb. 2nd in Khao Yai NP but am staying on the islands for the next week or so. Does anyone know of decent trails to run down here? Right now my plan has been to go to the waterfall areas, or around where the elephant treks go. This has been hit or miss for running but the scenery has been absolutely beautiful. I need to get in mileage so may stick to the roads but would love to find a few trails to run while I'm here.

Thank you,

Brody

#1 Posted: 12/1/2013 - 21:19

• Advertisement

• KailaDK

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

Hi Brody,

On Ko Pha Ngan, there are a few trails - one from Chaloklum to Bottle Beach. It's really hilly and is slippery if it's raining. I'm not sure how good it is for running, but definitely check it out. You pick it up at the end of Haad Khom, or Coconut Beach, and it takes an hour walking, so I guess about half an hour running. There is another trail from Haad Rin to Haad Thian that is meant to take about an hour and a half. And finally, many people who are training climb Ko Pha Ngan's tallest mountain, Khao Ra. The path is a bit rough but great view at the top. Hope this helps!!

#2 Posted: 13/1/2013 - 00:12

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Ko Tao is a good place to run... The road/trail over the mountains to this cliff jumping spot would be a great run, but there are also other trails along the coasts that I think would work. Of course all of those islands have long enough beaches to run up and down too.

#3 Posted: 13/1/2013 - 01:37

• stumptownbro

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2012

Excellent! Thank you both for your replies and what perfect timing as I leave for Ko Phangan tomorrow and right now plan on staying near Haad Thian and then on to Ko Tao.

#4 Posted: 13/1/2013 - 06:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Western Running Accommodation /Camp in Ko Phangan - Safe? ... By gilandeitan on 30 Jun 2012 0 1020 30 Jun 2012