Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

public taxi service at the airport

• sorabee

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2012

hi guys!

maybe a bit of a silly question... but i am flying into bangkok in a week and my flight lands past midnight. Last time i travelled to bangkok i took the public taxi from level 1 but i am a little concerned (as I will be taking my mother with me!) that there will be no taxis at such hour....

anyone travelled into suvarnabhumi airport past midnight?

thank u!!

#1 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 06:08

• Advertisement

• freiburger

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

No problem,

BKK never closes. Had once a flight goint at 2 AM and departure hall was full with people. You will find a taxi easily :-)

#2 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 08:58

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

I have only ever landed in BKK after 1am. Taxis everywhere!

#3 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 21:10

• sorabee

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2012

thank u!!

#4 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 21:16

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

No problem finding a taxi at the airport 24 hours a day. You can even have your hotel arrange a ride for you.

When you use a taxi make sure that when you change your money over at the airport that you get some small bills and in the city also have coins available. Have a good address and name for your hotel. Many Thai hotels have similar names. Your hotel website may have a map in Thai too!

Link to Public Taxi (meter taxi) service at the airport. For most hotels in the city the fare will come to around 320 - 420 baht for everything depending on where your hotel is located. This includes the meter fare plus a 50 baht surcharge paid at your hotel. Also during ride you pay a toll charge, maybe 2 depending on your route. Prices are clearly marked at the toll stations.
    http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/52
    http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/to_from_public_taxi_en.php

A Google check will also give you some information on taxis from the airport. Avoid the touts in the airport. On the first floor (near Magic Food Point Food Court) there will be 2 sign up areas out at the curb area. Same price for the taxi for one passenger or for every seat filled. When I am using a taxi I don't pay the driver until all of the bags are removed from the trunk!

No problem going right to a hotel in the city. There are hotels near the airport but nothing else around those hotels - my advice is to get a hotel in the city not near the airport. My preference is a hotel near the Skytrain route.
    http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

Bank money changers also available at the airport 24 hours a day. For most Western currencies you get a better exchange rate in Thailand than back in your own country.
    Post edited by Somtam2000 to fix links

#5 Posted: 15/1/2013 - 17:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
rental taxi service roundtrip laos ... By horseback on 9 Oct 2007 6 3528 12 Mar 2008
Siem Reap excellent taxi service!! ... By tafbel on 13 Jun 2006 1 2012 25 Jun 2006
Noi Bai Airport public bus moved to new location ... By travworld on 3 Oct 2013 1 650 4 Oct 2013