Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai Rail Eticket

• bartos

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2013

hi,

I went on the site for Thai train e tickets today and this message was displayed

Announcement

” Please be informed that The State Railway of Thailand has decided not to continue the Internet Ticketing service from January 14, 2013.

Credits will be refunded to the members credit/debit cards

Has anybody else noticed this?
    As far as I can tell the tickets I already have booked will still be valid as it only mentions refunding account credits to peoples cards.
    I have 2 trains booked mid Feb that I have e tickets for, and I am still able to view the bookings in my account.

Does anyone have any more info on this and can anyone confirm my tickets are still valid?

#1 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 11:23

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

That really sucks :(

#2 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 12:48

• BrumbyJack

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2012

Wow!!! I booked a ticket last week... I need to check this out [img]smileys/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: I just logged in and it says tickets purchase before 14th January can be used... so I'm lucky!!!

#3 Posted: 16/1/2013 - 05:47

• bartos

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2013

I emailed them asking if tickets bought before the 14th were still valid and got this reply;

1. Yes, This is confirm.
    you can print out the ticket for travel .
    2. Sorry, That we unanswerable.
    Thank you.

question 2, by the way, was if they would be starting the system up again at any point in the near future.

Should be ok to travel though on tickets i already have thankfully.

#4 Posted: 16/1/2013 - 06:15

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just published a post on this issue. In summary, online booking with State Railways in Thailand is no longer possible, but there are alternatives.

Hope of help to some :)

#5 Posted: 18/1/2013 - 02:05

• bartos

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2013

i have just read the article thanks :)

Does this mean that the only options for buying train tickets is thailandtrainticket.com or to go to the station in person?

Last time i was there i went into a tourist info next to my hotel off KSR and they made a phone call and booked the tickets for me. Will this still be the same as they appeared to be calling the train station (or thats what i assumed) so they didnt go through an internet booking system.

Thanks

#6 Posted: 18/1/2013 - 03:54

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yes seems through the above mentioned mob or going to a travel agent who will send someone to the station to buy the ticket for you -- or just go your self ... it ain't far ;-)

#7 Posted: 18/1/2013 - 04:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Laos: Thai-Lao rail service commences ... By travelfishnews on 5 Mar 2009 0 1885 5 Mar 2009
Thai Rail Pass... Unlimited train use for 20 days ... By think87 on 1 Oct 2009 1 3285 1 Oct 2009