Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

less commercial and good weather in june: kanchanaburi and ch am ... or what am i missing?

• traceyincap-
    etown

Joined Travelfish
    11th January, 2011

Hi guys
    Want to travel to Thai again this year and can really only go end of may, june, jul, aug for 2 weeks.
    Have done the main-veins twice before and not in the mood for the bar scene .
    I'd like the beach for a week and a Kanchanaburi -style for a week.
    Am I overlooking any other destinations? Really need to have as minimal rain impact as possible as the kid and i like to be outdoors and i would like to have some sun on my skin.
    I have checked out the weather map and tried to do some research on rainfall but some of it is historic and not possibly not applicable anymore. Trying to find a location where, even if there is going to be some rain, it must come and go and be back to hot sunny weather. Dont mind rain for an hour a day.
    Have so far opted for Kanchanaburi as i have been there 2 years ago and loved it .. and Cha-Am seems to be a nice beach option. Both are within easy reach (hopefully by a negotiable taxi) of BKK as i am travelling with a kid and dont want to spend days getting anywhere and on/off/waiting etc.
    Can anybody recommend any better destinations based on the above, and is there going to be any difference in whether we travel in May or June (weather, pricing etc)?
    THANX all :)

#1 Posted: 17/1/2013 - 08:26

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Agree with Kanchanaburi -- and a great destination with kids as there is so much to do. On the beach front, Cha-am is ok and yes is close to Bangkok -- but have you considered Ko Samet? Yes it is more heavily touristed but the beaches are far better than Cha-am and again, more activitis for kids.

Also weather in June in Thailand is covered here.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 17/1/2013 - 19:13

• tatspaghetti

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2012

Cha-am sucks compared to Thung Wua Laen!

I'm in Kan now and looks like we are in for one hell of a scorching summer this year. Again!

#3 Posted: 17/1/2013 - 23:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Kanchanaburi, June '06 - Trip Report ... By exacto on 18 Aug 2006 0 3297 18 Aug 2006
Kanchanaburi - renting a car - good or bad idea? ... By Surefolly on 8 Aug 2014 6 536 14 Aug 2014