Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hotel near Don Mueang Airport

Posted by Babalugats on 17/1/2013 at 09:30

Hi there,

Do you know any hotel near Don Mueang International Airport? I'll travel to Chiang Mai, two months from now, on AirAsia. I'll arrive in Bangkok the night before; ETA is past 11 PM. I prefer to be near Don Mueang. Thanks!

#1 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 73
 Where has Babalugats been?   Website   Twitter   Google+ 

Posted by freiburger on 17/1/2013 at 12:21

There is an Amari just opposite of the airport. It is connected via a walkway to the departure hall. So very easy to reach the airport. No need for a Taxi.

Maybe it is not the cheaptes option, but instead of paying 2 times taxi, this Hotel can be a good choice

#2 freiburger has been a member since 27/12/2012. Posts: 125

Posted by captainbkk on 18/1/2013 at 03:01

taxi''fare'' DMK-Hotel area to like SapanKwai is likely less as 100 bt/each way-that Amari is 1000s more epxensive. A bus is free or cost 6/11 bt.
also I do not quite see your point in staying near DMK: I get you arr at SWAMPY=main, BKK by midnite and lve from DMK next day late? Area around DMK is pretty boring.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by ProfessorFart on 18/1/2013 at 03:24

We Train is OK for a short stay and not too far from the station for trains to Cm the following day.

http://www.tee-pak.com/en/we+train+international+house

#4 ProfessorFart has been a member since 18/1/2013. Posts: 8

Posted by sirhalberd on 19/1/2013 at 12:28

What time is your flight out of Don Muang?

Millions of tourists arrive in Bangkok late at night and many of them head for the city area. If your flight out of Don Muang is in the afternoon why not stay in the city? Even at 2 a.m. there are some streets like Sukhumvit still full of tourists. No problem getting transportation Don Muang.

Even better spend the a couple nights in Bangkok and then head up to Chiang Mai. If you have winter items your Bangkok hotel can store them until you return for your final night in Bangkok.

Up to you.

#5 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295

Posted by Babalugats on 19/1/2013 at 12:35

Thanks for the replies. ETD at Don Muang is 10:30 AM, unless AirAsia will have a delay (in their flight). I'm thinking about the traffic, but I haven't been in Bangkok.

#6 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 73
 Where has Babalugats been?   Website   Twitter   Google+ 

Posted by sayadian on 19/1/2013 at 23:15

Get one of the trains going north from Hualamphong.They are slow, up to an hour but no traffic and 5 baht.Every train stops at Don Mueang and the it's a short walk over the footbridge.Going from Hualamphong gives you option to stay in Silom even Banglumphoo. Other than that stay in Bang Sue, real Thai area and near Don Mueang.

#7 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.