Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

THAILAND VISA HELP NEEDED!

• rouseyhull

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2013

Hello i was wondering if anybody had some information as me and my girlfriend are going to thailand for 33 days however having rung up about and been quoted 70 pound each for a longer then 30 day visa would it be possible for us to just pay the fine at the airport or is this not safe?

Does anybody please have some information which can help me? or would it be cheaper to buy a longer visa when we get there please please help.

Thank you so much.

#1 Posted: 22/1/2013 - 07:55

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

An extension on your visa whilst in Thailand will cost you 1900 Baht for 1 month, as for this, It's cheaper (though not always easier) to do a quick border crossing which will cost you about 30 to 35 USD and get a free 15 day entry on coming back to Thailand again, this also depends on where about in Thailand you are (counting in costs to get to the border, ...).
    ah well, extension in thailand or border hopping might do the trick, I've never payed for fines at the airport, so no info on that one.

fines vor Vietnam are 5 USD a day for overstay and a 6th day overstay free :) lol.

#2 Posted: 22/1/2013 - 08:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.