Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Itinerary for March and April-help

• Hottsaauce

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2013

Hey guys,

Planning on leaving my job with 10k in the bank to travel Thailand/SE Asia for 2 months in March and April. I've done plenty of research and I'm having trouble deciding on an interary since my trip is situated at the end the on-season and beginning of the rainy season.
    I deff want to go north and hang out around Chiang Mai and I deff want to go south and hit the beaches, but specifically Krabi and Koh Phi Phi (I like the scenery better than Koh Samui, more mountainous).
    Also like to see Angkor Wat and spend some time in Bangkok. So how should I spend time at these places without getting rained out or run into the oppressive April heat? I'm a pretty mellow guy and like to take things at a semi-leisurely pace. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, personal exp? I'm listening :-)
    Thanks.

#1 Posted: 22/1/2013 - 12:23

• Advertisement

• topbanana

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Hi,
    you can check the itinerary I posted at:
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/indochina/20655_itinerary-laos-thailand-31-days-march
    maybe you find some useful information there.
    From Bangkok it is possible to to 4-5 day trip to angkor depending on how much time you want to spent there. You can go by train to Aranyaprathet or by bus. You find a lot of information on:
    http://www.talesofasia.com/
    The owner of that page had a real nice Guest House in Siem Reap, "Two Dragons" - really enjoyed my stay there in 2010.

#2 Posted: 22/1/2013 - 14:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best itinerary SE Asia March-April? ... By Deanglow on 5 Feb 2010 0 3242 5 Feb 2010
16 Days trip itinerary to Vietnam in March/April ... By manifaraji on 15 Feb 2014 3 1112 7 Apr 2014