Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Murwill16,
    I've not been there recently -- was years ago when we passed through that place. At the time you were not permitted to swim with the dolphins.

#2 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 19:39

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Where abouts is it? You can swim with dolphins at the sanctuary of truth near Pattaya if that heps at all.

#3 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 23:52

• murwill16

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2005

Thank you both. #3 it is at Laem Sing, ChanthaBuri Province. Its website claims visitors, for a price, can swim with dolphins, however it doesn't get too many mentions on travel fora and one I have seen mentions the poor quality of the water. Therefore before actually planning a visit we are seeking reliable information.

#4 Posted: 5/6/2007 - 16:58

• murwill16

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2005

Thank you both. #3 it is at Laem Sing, ChanthaBuri Province. Its website claims visitors, for a price, can swim with dolphins, however it doesn't get too many mentions on travel fora and one I have seen mentions the poor quality of the water. Therefore before actually planning a visit we are seeking reliable information.

#5 Posted: 5/6/2007 - 16:58

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

I've been to the "Temple of Truth" - Pattaya a couple of times and the dolphins are a rather shabby affair. the Temple itself is interesting. Cost (including the shameful exploitation of dolphins) is 500baht.

I'm told the Chantaburi place is better but I wonder what "better" means...Thailand's record on animal husbandry is abysmal. Money wins over welfare and scientific conservation every time

#6 Posted: 11/6/2007 - 10:58

• napoleon

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2007

I live 3km from Oasis Sea World, on Laem sing beach. Guests at our resort always enjoy the swimming with dolphins. The dolphins are well looked after and seem very happy to entertain the crowd at the show, they are very intelligent creatures and you can see that they are loving every minute of it.
    I have seen maybe 30 groups come through and stay at our resort, I can honestly say that no one has said any thing negative about the place. Many people come to Napoleon Village resort in Laem Sing Chanthaburi purely to swim with dolphins at Oasis sea world. It is true that the Dolphin center has little or no mention in Lonely planet or other guide books and travel sites, I think this is because not many people have come to see for them selves and are a bit sceptical about commercial animal centers in Thailand. But any way for the record I would recommend a visit to anybody who would like to swim with dolphins. Also I would like to mention that dolphins which were not bred at Oasis sea world were rescued dolphins who were accidently caught in fishing nets. Laem sing also has a very nice beach which is very peaceful and quiet, not many tourists here. There are boat trips to the near by islands as well as deep sea fishing and scuba diving. It is really the overlooked area of Thailand.

Related Links :
    www. napoleonvillage.net
    www.oasisseaworld.net
    www.laemsing.com

#7 Posted: 13/8/2007 - 20:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.